Android Question Searching the Forum...

William Hunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can find no way of searching the forum. Whatever happened to the great B4A app for doing this? No longer having that capability is a great loss.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can find no way of searching the forum. Whatever happened to the great B4A app for doing this? No longer having that capability is a great loss.
If you are referring to this https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ew-and-search-the-documentation-offline.7393/ then it looks like it is no longer available and it is recommended to use the on-line search tool.
If you are having difficulties locating the on-line search tool it might be because you need to scroll all the way to the right of the menu bar to see the search box when viewing on a phone or tablet. At least that's what happens on my devices, it's always much wider that the rest of the page :)

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ye
At least that's what happens on my devices, it's always much wider that the rest of the page :)
s. It is not funny to read the forum on a phone ;)

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I spend most of my time on the forum using either a phone or a tablet. Reading posts is not so bad but replying to or creating new threads can be a nightmare, especially when the predictive text kicks in, :mad:

Upvote 0

William Hunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
My thanks to all who replied. While I did appreciate starting my day with a few chuckles, as elicited by DonManfred and thedesolatesoul, RandomCoder was spot-on with his observations.

I do miss the B4A HelpViewer. It was like having an encyclopedia directed solely at B4A. What a great resource. I had a computer die, and when setting up a new system I was quite miffed that the HelpViewer was nowhere to be found.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel used to have the Tapatalk plug-in connected to the old forum (2 forum designs ago). For some strange reason when Erel changed the forum a couple of years ago he never added the Tapatalk plug-in to that forum and he has not added it to this new updated forum design either. I find that to be a complete shame as I personally preferred to use the Tapatalk app on my phone rather than using the browser on my phone when browsing forums when I'm not in my house, I use Tapatalk with a number of forums on my phones and tablets. I have brought this topic up previously but it has fallen on deaf ears :(

It's not difficult to add the Tapatalk plug-in to XenFono forums templates and it only takes a few minutes to do. I know Erel is an extremely busy person, but IMO not having the Tapatalk plug-in connected to this community is a shame :(

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I though that the security issues were all or mainly fixed @Erel, but then again there will always be issues with the Tapatalk plug-in and security, I've had small issues with that plug-in myself. Anyway that really does not matter as it's obvious that you will not be adding the plug-in in future, that's a real shame :(

Upvote 0