Android Question Security alert with phone AV

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by schemer, Feb 8, 2015.

1. schemer

schemer Active Member Licensed User

I am new so I figure I better ask now. I have been using the real device option here and there and just recently installed an antivirus app on my phone. I have a few examples I made and installed to the phone and on one of them the AV pops up a message:

360 Security Alert
    B4A Example
    Use with caution
    Forced auto start
    The app was signed with a Google test certificate which was found to be shared with large number of trojans and malwares. Please use with caution. Contains push ads. Contains ads.

I know I have read in the compile box about reinstalling the app if you get a key that does not match. Where do I find the key so I can further understand how it works? One test app pops the alert but the other does not.
    Thanks,
    schemer

p.s. I read this so it answers my question somewhat. But one test app does not pop the AV alert and the other does.
    http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...applications-signed-with-the-debug-key.26600/

p.s.s. Let me read that whole thread on signing an app and I will be back later if I have any more questions. Thanks :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

3. schemer

schemer Active Member Licensed User

Thanks Erel,
    So I guess just ignore the AV alerts while testing is the usual way to test apps on a device with an AV app running. Just use a unique key when releasing to Google. I had been using the device for testing but switched to the emulator and in between installed an antivirus app on the phone. Still learning...I have only had B4A for about 2 weeks. ;) I like it very much and the support is awesome.
    schemer

added: I read all 4 pages of the link you sent above and I guess I am fine running without making a key for now and when I do just use one key for all my apps. Good deal. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You can also use the private key during debugging.

schemer likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice