iOS Question select tone for incomming notification

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo,

is it possible to select the tone when a push-notification arrives?

Either from within the app (will that work if a notification arrives and the app is in background....)

or alternatively, make the app appear in the standard sound settings of the phone.

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
as far as I can see it, this code sets the sound at "Server side", this is: the server who pushes the notification also selects the tone and this is not what I want.

I wonder if it is possible to have the user selecting the notification tone on his phone as it is possible with eg. ringtone, incoming sms, email etc.?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
the server who pushes the notification also selects the tone and this is not what I want.
That's true.

I don't think that there is any other way to change the notification. You can store the user setting in the server. Another option is to use silent push notifications and then create a local notification. However they are less reliable.

Upvote 0

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank You for your information.
For the time being, I leave things as they are and maybe in the future, I will store the selected notification tone in the server

Upvote 0

fransvlaarhoven

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's true.

I don't think that there is any other way to change the notification. You can store the user setting in the server. Another option is to use silent push notifications and then create a local notification. However they are less reliable.
Hello,

when you set the notification tone "server side", is it possible to indicate that the file is not to be found in the assets folder of the app but in the documents folder?

now I use at the server: iosalert= CreateMap("title": "Messenger", "body": Message, "sound": "capisci.m4r")

is it possible to change that to: iosalert= CreateMap("title": "Messenger", "body": Message, "sound": "document/capisci.m4r")

or must the ringtone always be available in the assets folder?

Upvote 0