iOS Question Serial library

mrossen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

First I am very impressed about your job with B4i

I am sure it will be as great as B4a

Will it be possible to get a Serial library like in B4a?

I know you have BLE but the module I use is Bluetooth 2.1 with Apple auth. chip on it.

And it uses an external framework in Xcode

Mogens

andreahaku

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
I need the serial library as well.
All my apps communicate (wirelessly in iOS) with external hardware devices through serial and I can't totally port them from b4a to b4i.
Thanks a lot for the great work.
B4i is a gift for me and my development!
Andrea

Upvote 0

andreahaku

Licensed User
Longtime User
On B4A I use astream over USB(FTDI) and also over WiFi/Bluetooth.
If it could be possible to port astream to B4i I should be then able to stream it wirelessly.
I'm also building an hardware BLE/serial gateway prototype. Is this the only way to have a serial stream with B4i?
Thanks,
Andrea

Upvote 0

andreahaku

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know but I use iOS apps that do that via WiFi.
Anyway... I'll probably use BLE as it's the most convenient way even if it limits the number of potential devices to those with BT4.0.
Thanks,
Andrea

Upvote 0

andreahaku

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks I just found it out.
I also found it out that I cannot send data via BLE with the iBLE library yet :(
Any plan to implement writing other than reading?

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

I've bought from the same manufacturer 10 items.
Microchip
RN42-I/RM
20141113_182740.jpg

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey all i'm also very interested in knowing whether bluetooth communication can be achieved with B4i, from my understanding it can be done, but there's a requires a specific class for discovery and authentiation, you need a co-processor chip to achieve this, which is why i stopped trying to do this a while ago, but now with B4i, maybe all of us can or at least those who are interersted can do some more research and find out whether is after possible or not. Please check out this link is from the same company that Filipo bought his modules from, i've been using this modules for years as well. http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/70005113a.pdf

Maybe Erel can also look into this with more detail, and see if how feasible this would be, this is the only thing that is keeping me from buying B4i, since most of my development work has to do with Equipment Automation.

Thanks,
Walter

Upvote 0

mrossen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I Belive we have bought it at Microchip.

But I mean you has to be a member of Apples MFI program to buy the board with the aut. chip on.

Mogens

Upvote 0

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I Belive we have bought it at Microchip.

But I mean you has to be a member of Apples MFI program to buy the board with the aut. chip on.

Mogens
Do you know what the requirements are in order for someone to be a member of the MFI program, and is there a cost, if so how much would I need to pay to be a member of that MFI program, can you give more details please?

Walter

Upvote 0