Not open for further replies.

AscySoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

AscySoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
As I mentioned in post #44 I was able to create an exe from jar file. It works OK like this. However using apache.common.procrun tool, (see link #45 in this post) I was able to install a working windows service that point to my jar server app, without converting this to an exe. Read carefully the syntax on that page for more info.

The only thing that is not working to well is the "stop" service command. So I must ask Erel (when he have time of course) to modify the main java class generated by build command to include a StopClass signature as in procrun documentation, if it's possible. Erel please see this:<<--StopMethod -default Main -Name of method to be called when service is stopped. It must be static void and have argument (String args[]). Only applies to jvm mode.>>

I was able to bypass this by setting a 10 sec timeout on stop command, but this is taking >1 minute to stop, generating errors (see stderr logs if you want).

If somebody wants to install a service this way, I can provide full working batch cmd script.

sulsys

Licensed User
Longtime User
This works really well. Things I found.
- If I run the batch file from the jre7\bin directory it works. If I run from another directory pointing back to bin\java.exe I receive a java error.

- I would like to control the output file path. Is is relative to where the java.exe is located? Can the path be very specific? Such as "D:\uploads"

avacondios

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi again, does it supports any type for user authentication ?
Sure. All the non-WebSockets examples here are rest api servers: http://basic4ppc.com:51042/

Thanks Erel, how about the webclient authentication, before to access a Restful API server, written on B4J ? Do we have any example ? The scenario is the following : User to call the GetAuthentication API function and the B4J, to return a unique token, so to evaluate for the next restful API calls ( example, GetCustomers)

BR/Antonis

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand that the code/example in post 1 doesn't work with PHP scripts but is there a way to allow PHP scripts ?

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure that I understand your question. B4J servers cannot run PHP scripts.
I think you answered my question. I was hoping to use PHP with this but looks like it can't be done.

Is there a way to replace text on the page before it gets sent to the user in the browser?
For example, if I have a page with the following HTML code, how would you replace $test$ with something else before it gets sent to the browser?

Within the B4J app make it so that the app replaces $test$ with 'hello' before it sends it to the browser

HTML:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
</head>
<body>
    <h1>This is a static page</h1>
    <h1>$test$</h1>
    <a href='/'>Back</a>
</body>

rwblinn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

have a look at the HelloWorld example in the post here.

The WebApp is what you are looking for. The principle is that you need to define a selector in the HTML code (as DIV) and then replace during Websocket connection.

HTML
B4X:
<div id="lblhelloworld"></div>

B4J
B4X:
Sub Class_Globals
    Private ws As WebSocket
    Private lblhelloworld As JQueryElement    'Label showing Hello World
End Sub

B4X:
Private Sub WebSocket_Connected (WebSocket1 As WebSocket)
    ws = WebSocket1
    lblhelloworld.setHtml("<H3>Hello World</H3><P>" & DateTime.Date(DateTime.Now) & "&nbsp;" & DateTime.Time(DateTime.Now))
End Sub

Reactions: ZJP

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!
Is it possible to upgrade c3p0 library to 0.9.5 version?
I have the problem of slow test queries with MySQL.
Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…