iOS Question Setting Up Push Notifications Problem

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm following the tutorial found here:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ions-push-messages-server-not-required.68645/

The only difference is that I am trying to add push notifications to an existing published live app.

In the list of App ID's I select the one which already exists for my app. I hit edit and then create a Development and Production SSL certificate.

I downloaded the production key as aps.cer and moved it to my KEYS directory.

When I try to create the Firebase service Push Store: I get "No Certificate matches private key error".

I saw this comment from Erel to a similar problem.
There are many small details. I think that it will help you better to understand how the push key is created.

When you choose the Create Push Keystore option the IDE takes two files:
1. aps_xxx.cer - The APN SSL certificate file
2. B4i.p12 - The private key that was created for you when you created the private sign key.

You must use the same certSigningRequest.csr when you create all the certificates or it will not work.

the b4i.p12 and the certSigningRequest.csr were recreated last August and were the only ones to used to create certificates.

Any ideas why this is occurring?

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I am using the hosted builder.

Tried on both my laptop and desktop with the same results, running 4.4 and 4.8

If I re-create my signing key, and then the certificates and provisioning files. I will presumably have to re-submit a new version of the app signed with the new keys to get this to work.

What impact will this have on my other live published apps?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Before you delete the keys, does the certificate type look like this:
SS-2018-01-21_16.05.57.png

?

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
My Certificates looks like this
apple keys.png

I downloaded the last one to attempt to create the push store. I used the top 2 to create app (dev & live)

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
It now all works in development. Don't know how my signing cert got out of sync.

I did have to create and add both dev and live mobile provisions for the app and also added both dev and live .p12 to Firebase for it to work though.

Now just need Apple to Approve the updated version and all will be well.

Thanks

Upvote 0