• SetupBuilder.zip
    85.4 KB · Views: 881
Last edited:

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Problem with shortcut

Hello Erel!

I have worked with the SetupBuilder all the time and it runs very fine. But now, I have a second .exe-file in the application-path. This .exe-file (VPortBoot.exe) should start from my application with the shell-command. When I install the application with the SetupFile, the SetupBuilder writes the application VPortBoot.exe to the startmenue and named it like my application. So, it is the icon from the VPortBoot.exe, the name from my application and when I start it from the startmenue, it runs VPortBoot. So, I only can start my application out of the explorer.

Is there a way to have more than one .exe-file in the application-path and creates the correct shortcut?

Thanks for your efforts...:sign0085:

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
How can I include the folder ?

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I tried to compile the SetupBuilder, with the files in Post#1, with the optimized compiler, and get an error:
Error compiling program.
Error message: error CS0246: The type or space name 'DesktopOnly' not found.
It's a translation from french.

I tried with the DesktopOnly library from Post#1 and also with the last updated library.

It works with not optimized, but I expected getting the exe file with the DesktopOnly library merged into it.

What am I doing wrong ?

Best regards.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It works with not optimized, but I expected getting the exe file with the DesktopOnly library merged into it.
This may sound as a dumb thing, but, you are aware that to merge a library into the exe, you need that dll's sourc (CS file), Rigth?

Vito

Licensed User
Edit Inf file

You can't include a folder directly from SetupBuilder.
You can however edit the inf file it creates and add a folder.

How to edit the inf file?
I want to install my Application only on the sd-card/App or in MyDocuments/app (Not in Programs/App).

Thanks

rls456

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unable to unzip setupbuilder.zip with winzip

When I try to open the file in Winzip. I get error cannot open file not a valid archive file. Any help

Thanks

mjcoon

Licensed User
When I try to open the file in Winzip. I get error cannot open file not a valid archive file.

Sounds like a faulty download. Is the file size 85.3 KB (87,399 bytes), which is what the OK file is on my system?

Mike.