SetupBuilder question

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I am a new Basic4ppc user.
I wrote a small RPN Calculator program and tryed to make the .cab files and a setup file with the SetupBuilder.
I prepared a readme file RPNCalc Readme.txt and a licence file RPNCalc License.txt and run SetupBuilder but unfortunately I didn't get the RPNCalcSetup.exe file.
After several tests I found that in my filenames there were spaces in but the SetupBuilder copies the readme and licence file in the SetupBuilder directory WITHOUT the spaces.
I renamed the files without the spaces and it works well.
So be carefull not to use any spaces in the filenames.

Klaus
Switzerland

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello alfcen,
Thank you for your information.
I downloaded the program and tried it.
Unfortunately, even after a certain number of trials the program is not installed on the PocketPC (Qtek 9090).
I get a message, on the PocketPC, that the program is not properly installed on it.

It works with the SetupBuilder.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Klaus
Switzerland

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hallo Klaus
The Pocket PC Installation Creator is a DESKTOP application which creates installers for Pocket PCs.
Gruesse
Robert

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Robert
I knew that the program is a desktop application that makes istallation files for the PocketPC and I used it in that way.
I ran the program, introduced the different parameters, got the CAB file and the setup file, ran the setup file which ran as usual. The program was installed on the desktop and transfered to the PocketPC via ActiveSync but at the end, on the PocketPC, I got the message that the program was not properly installed and invited to run the installation again. I did it with the same result.

Best regards
Klaus

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel
Thank you for your proposal.
The CAB file generated by the Pocket PC Installation Creator does not install the the program properly on the PocketPC.
The CAB file generated by your SetupBuider does it well.
There must be something wrong with the configuration of the Pocket PC Installation Creator or incompatibility between the CAB file and the processor?
For the moment I continue to use the SetupBuilder.

I tried to compare the content of both CAB files with TotalCommander.
The Pocket PC Installation Creator CAB file has a 20 lines longer header. And also at the end other informatios.

I thank you bouth for trying to help me.

Best regards
Klaus

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi klaus,

if you upload your "Pocket PC Installation Creator"-file (.pic) we could have a direct look at your settings..

specci48

nick_tg

Hi,

Just looked at your .pci file, and it had problems with the shortcut's configuration.
You had two shortcuts, one pointing to your .exe file and another to an .ICO filename.
Assumed that you wanted the shortcut to your .exe file having this specific icon and this icon in your desktop is at the same directory of your .pci project.
Try the attached .pci, with the corrected shortcut's entries.

Regards,
Nick Protopapas.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry in my previuos message I forgot to upload the file
Klaus

Attachments

• Screen003.jpg
    Screen003.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 187