Share My Creation Simple Math!

hi,

1.5 weeks ago i made a simple multiplication table for my son to improve his math skills.
he liked it but he wanted me to make it for android so i can install it on his phone (yes he is 8 and he already has a phone :()
it was not to hard because i wrote it already for all platforms BUT when i wanted to install it i said to myself let put one more feature and another one and another one and i ended with a full application.

What is special in this simple app?

- NO ADS!!! (i will not add it in the future, i made it for kids to learn math)
- LOGS (the app stores logs for every game, like this you can see which questions your kid answered wrong and help him get better)

i see already some stuff i want to update. the app actually took me about 2-3 days (a few hours/day but google took more than 1 week to approve the app)
so have a look at it and tell me what you think :)

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.mathkids

1.png

SimonAndroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good morning, I saw that among the various Apps you have an application called my Salary 2, was it made with B4X?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your Apps are also made in IOS version and use B4XPages technology.
Not all use b4xpages. A lot apps were made few years ago where b4xpages has not exists. But i used my own technology. Similar to b4xpages. All android apps has only 1 activity.

FrostCodes

Licensed User
hi,

1.5 weeks ago i made a simple multiplication table for my son to improve his math skills.
he liked it but he wanted me to make it for android so i can install it on his phone (yes he is 8 and he already has a phone :()
it was not to hard because i wrote it already for all platforms BUT when i wanted to install it i said to myself let put one more feature and another one and another one and i ended with a full application.

What is special in this simple app?

- NO ADS!!! (i will not add it in the future, i made it for kids to learn math)
- LOGS (the app stores logs for every game, like this you can see which questions your kid answered wrong and help him get better)

i see already some stuff i want to update. the app actually took me about 2-3 days (a few hours/day but google took more than 1 week to approve the app)
so have a look at it and tell me what you think :)

link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=www.sagital.mathkids

View attachment 121351
Great Job @ilan, I was working on something similar to this but inspired by Freaking Maths.
Your UI look really good, keep it up!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, I noticed I can't go back by pressing my android go back button(near the home button)... Was this a bug? or you did it so you child can't change the app into something else.
Its not a bug, i still dont know how to call the back key from each b4x page so i put it in the main activity.

will update that in the future πŸ˜‰

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great job Ilan‘‘ I will install in my son tablet (8yr old too, and yes... with a tablet). Waiting for the Spanish translation‘‘‘ (I've write a review for your app too)

D

Deleted member 103

And did he like it?
I have tried it a bit myself.
The first thing that is missing is a feedback after the input.
The user does not know if his input was correct or not, because you can enter what you want and the app continues.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried it a bit myself.
The first thing that is missing is a feedback after the input.
The user does not know if his input was correct or not, because you can enter what you want and the app continues.

yes that is correct. the feedback is at the end of the game like in real tests.
every correct answer gives you 5 points. 10 correct answers mean 50 points.

i have just uploaded a new build to the store that also includes spanish and italian. i am also sorting now the logs by date and the back key now works from every page.
animation is now faster.

what i may add next is a table where the parent put prices and the points that the kid needs to reach to get that price. this will give the kid motivation to play more.
background music and more animations are also something i may add in the future.

(prices could be a table something like this)

prices.png

i did it in another app i have created for my kid when he was 5-6 years old to learn the hebrew alphabet. i made really nice games in it. if i find it i will share it here.

D

Deleted member 103

yes that is correct. the feedback is at the end of the game like in real tests.
That's a good thing, but a child wants to know immediately whether his entry is correct or not.
My angel child tried it, unfortunately there was no enthusiasm.
Then my daughter uninstalled it again. :rolleyes:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That's a good thing, but a child wants to know immediately whether his entry is correct or not.
My angel child tried it, unfortunately there was no enthusiasm.
Then my daughter uninstalled it again. :rolleyes:

yes i understand. i need to make it more fun to make the kids play and enjoy.
will see what i can do, thanx @Filippo