B4J Question Simple setparms question - serial port

rspitzer

I don't seem to find documentation on the different parity settings (Integer equivalents) for the setting of parameters on the serial port - IE., 0 is even or odd or space mark, 1 is even or odd or mark or space or mark??? Can someone, point me in the right direction.

rspitzer

Fixed in v1.31. The constants were added.
I am a bit of a newbie here, I check the Documentation page for Jserial, and still found no definition break down for the parity bit, can you send me a link for this?
Sorry to other you. - I gues I am not sure Fixed in v1.31 means here - I apologize.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am a bit of a newbie here, I check the Documentation page for Jserial, and still found no definition break down for the parity bit, can you send me a link for this?
The online documentation wasn't updated yet. However you can see it in the IDE

firefox_MqHiPjgvpU.png

or with this tool: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...cumentation-b4x-object-browser.25682/#content

Upvote 0

rspitzer

Being a bit of a newbie using your ide (I come from visual studio 2008) I honestly was not putting 2 and 2 together here. My basic problem was that the jserial serial version was the 1.2 and not the updated 1.3 library. Did not quite understand right off the bat that I should download the updated library first and replace the original jserial library with the updates. Anyway, now at least I see what I need. A little background, our company is moving away from windows embedded as a platform, what we seek is an environment, where we are less platform dependent (OS wise), the ultimate goal is write once, and just compile to different platforms (in this case Linux and Windows, not really interested in Android). We are evaluating whether this product will fulfill this wish without too much compromise.

I know, that your comment may be this should be in a separate thread, but I did notice on some of the forums example code downloads, I was not able to download these examples, assuming that I am not a registered Android user (paid) is this correct? If so, your costs are rather inexpensive and we will pursue a proper license.

Thanks for the time.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
know, that your comment may be this should be in a separate thread, but I did notice on some of the forums example code downloads, I was not able to download these examples, assuming that I am not a registered Android user (paid) is this correct
You should be able to download all of B4J examples and additional libraries. B4A and B4i resources are limited to licensed users. It is true that there are some cross platform resources that are also limited.

Upvote 0