Android Question Sliding menu wrapper - CustomListView issue

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hiya all,
Last week I decided to upgrade an app of mine to actually put onto the play store. I'm using the sliding menu wrap by Erel but it's doing something rather strange.
  1. If I do not initialize the the sliding menu, when tapping on the line 'CLICK HERE >>>' in the attached example, the activity moves up with the keyboard as it should do, thus not covering up any ExitText boxes.
  2. If I initialize the sliding menu, when tapping on the line 'CLICK HERE >>>' in the attached example the activity does not move up thus the keyboard covers up a number of EditText Boxes.
  3. If I initialize the sliding menu but comment out 'TBSMain.LoadLayout("clv", "CLV")' in the code, when tapping on the line 'CLICK HERE >>>' in the attached example, the activity moves up with the keyboard as it should do, but I had to remove the main layout file which is a CLV for it to work.
I have created an example of what is actually happening and attached the file to this post. Just by commenting/un-commenting out the line TBSMain.LoadLayout("clv", "CLV") in the code, the activity moves up with the keyboard. Please also look at the screen shots below.

BTW it appear that any layout that I add to the TapStripViewPagerthat that has an CustonListVew attached to it is causing this strange behaviour, I will do some checks and report back when I return back home in about an hours time.

Libraries used: SlidingMenuWrapper, TapStripViewPager, xCustomListView

Not working with the TBSMain.LoadLayout("clv", "CLV") not removed: You can not see too clearly, but the keyboard is covering a number of Edittext boxes.
Not_working.png

Working but with the TBSMain.LoadLayout("clv", "CLV") line removed: You can see that the activity has moved up the screen, thus you can see the bottom EditText Box.
Working.png

Thank you...

Update: If you go to CustomListView1 in the designer and uncheck the visible property, everything works as expected except for the fact that the CustomListView1 is not visible.

So there appears to definitely be an issue between CustomListView and the Sliding Menu Wrapper, well not unless I'm missing something pretty obvious. So now I'm going to take a quick look at the CustomListView code, though I doubt that I'll find anything glaring at me in the face.

Also using CustomListView1.sv.Visible = True or CustomListView1.sv.Visible = False has the same effect. When set to False the activity moves up the screen with the keyboard when editing a EditText box, but the CustomListView is then not visible...

I'm using CLV V1.64...

Attachments

• test.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you @Erel,
That solution does work well but it's not quite what I'm looking for, I was hoping to find a solution that allows the activities to be up like in other parts of my app. I'm big into continuity throughout my app

I'll write a new sliding menu for my app at some point over the weekend, hopefully it will react differently to CLVs on the same activity.

Anyway thank you as I now know more about the IME library and what it can do.

Upvote 0