Android Question Slow tablet response after saving in Debug mode

MolsonB

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm complex as to what has been going on lately. (Haven't really touched this project for over a year) When I run the program under debug mode and change some code then save, the tablet response seems to freeze up. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's not. If I stop/start or restart the problem seems to stay. Only if I clean the project does it go away.

I'm not sure what I can really say about it. I can post my project, but it connects to my wifi that sends a dump load of data via MQTT. Hard to recreate without being on my system.

Running 8.50 Beta #1.

MolsonB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay so I may be using the debug mode in the wrong way then.
Do I have to manually select clean the project after every debug mode?

Is the correct way to use debug mode when trying to figure out a problem, but not for changing / building code on the fly? Is release mode the better option 99% of the time?

My license has expired again. I only dabble in this every winter when life slows down, so can't afford to keep on upgrading the license each time. Wish there was a hobby license, where this is just for me playing around the house. Not to sell apps as a business.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the correct way to use debug mode when trying to figure out a problem, but not for changing / building code on the fly? Is release mode the better option 99% of the time?
Not really. In most cases the "dirty code" should run fast enough. Modifying computation intensive code will require cleaning the project.
Note that the network speed also affects the debugger in that case.

Wish there was a hobby license, where this is just for me playing around the house. Not to sell apps as a business.
Noted.

Upvote 0