Wish Snipplet Library Tab in IDE

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For often-used routines, it's easy enough to put them in a global/shared module and use them in different projects.

But for all the code that needs to be in an Activity, like code in view events, it's a pain in the butt to reuse code - currently I need to:

1) Remember what project I have the desired code in
2) Launch B4x and load that project
3) Search for what activity has the code I want
4) Copy the code
5) Switch to the desired project
6) Paste the code

It would be VERY helpful if there was a new tab on the right-side explorer (where you have the "Libraries, File Manager, Modules, etc." and have it called "Snippets" and it would contain:

1) A list of all the snipplets of code I previously saved.
2) A search box so as I type characters, it will filter the list to just matching entries

Then, to add code to the snipplet library, I just need to highlight code in a code window, right click and select "Add Snipplet..". And it would pop-up a dialog in which I could specify the name for the snipplet that will then appear in the above listing tab.

Then I just need to double-click on the desired snipplet in the listing and the snipplet code would be placed in my clipboard, ready to be pasted in a code window.

Since this will add yet another tab to the bottom row of tabs, you could simply add a second row of tabs to eliminate the congestion.

B4x's purpose is to be a RAD tool - and being able to quickly insert snipplets of often used code would help reach that goal.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…