Android Question Software to manage android from PC, remotely over the internet?

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I don't know where to put the question because it's not directly related to B4X. Please have a moderator move it to where it is convenient, thank you.

My question is: Is there any software to connect from a linux/windows PC to a remote android device, over the internet?

Sometimes it is necessary to move to other cities to do an installation or to solve a problem and the loss of time and money is considerable.

I use VNC to connect to PCs, but for android I can't find anything.
Thank you.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, it's not the number of options, but the philosophy behind them, is that both options have to pass through the servers of their respective companies.
Besides, I have found them to be very intrusive software.
I have tried them in several devices and they have only worked in one samsung. Most of my clients have obsolete devices, android v4 and even those programs do not work, or they have not worked for me.

I would like to use something independent, a VNC server, for example, independent of the control of any company.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I see. Considering that what you're requesting would be an absolute treasure for a phone hacker to get access to, I think you should assume that no such solution exist. If you're targetting rooted devices all bets are off, obviously, but I imagine that's not what you're looking for here.

I could be wrong, in that case somebody else here might know more about it. Would be interesting to be wrong. :)

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems that there are few options :/
There is an - free - Solution available too. Have not used it

Upvote 0

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see. Considering that what you're requesting would be an absolute treasure for a phone hacker to get access to, I think you should assume that no such solution exist. If you're targetting rooted devices all bets are off, obviously, but I imagine that's not what you're looking for here.
I could be wrong, in that case somebody else here might know more about it. Would be interesting to be wrong. :)
Surely, I have expressed myself wrong. I use google translator, and it may be that the translation of what I have written is not correct.
But to clarify what I am looking for, let me explain that I currently use ultravnc to serve remote clients. They notify me by phone, they run their client program and I can connect from my computer. Simply that.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, that program I think is to manage a windows from an android device.
What I want is the other way around, to manage from my computer, my clients' devices, for remote assistance and to avoid displacements.
Is that so?
it both way, like in the windows

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, that program I think is to manage a windows from an android device.
What I want is the other way around, to manage from my computer, my clients' devices, for remote assistance and to avoid displacements.
Is that so?
but I'd recommend you a team viewer because it allows your client on the phone to show what he is doing when he is getting a problem. With remote desktop - it's impossible.

Upvote 0

Enrico Fuoti

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Vecino,
I faced the same problem. In my experience he only software that allows you to control Android devices remotely is teamviewer.
I control remotely over 40 devices.

Consider that not all models are supported. It may happen that on some devices you can only see the screen with no interactivity, except file transferring.
In this cases Teamviewer support tries to produce patches when you open a ticket.
Also some models have some kind of battery energy saving that kills the teamviewer service. You should add teamviewer and your app to the non monitored section.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my experience he only software that allows you to control Android devices remotely is teamviewer.
Not true!

Anydesc is able too; i know as i own a Anydesc-License and regularly control Android Devices with it.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Surely, I have expressed myself wrong.
It seems I understood you correctly. Basically, you're wondering if there's something VNC Server that can run on an Android device that you can connect to directly - much as you are doing with your standard desktop computer.

The only solution like that, that I know of, is this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vmlite.vncserver Never tried it, and it has awful ratings. So I wouldn't count on it working. Other options might exist: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=vnc server&c=apps

If you want something you have a better chance of working in a live, production environment I would turn to TeamViewer or Anydesk.

Upvote 0