Android Question Software to manage android from PC, remotely over the internet?

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I don't know where to put the question because it's not directly related to B4X. Please have a moderator move it to where it is convenient, thank you.

My question is: Is there any software to connect from a linux/windows PC to a remote android device, over the internet?

Sometimes it is necessary to move to other cities to do an installation or to solve a problem and the loss of time and money is considerable.

I use VNC to connect to PCs, but for android I can't find anything.
Thank you.

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you all very much, friends.
I will try all these options and I hope some of them will help me :)

Upvote 0

jtim3032

Licensed User
Longtime User
Surely, I have expressed myself wrong. I use google translator, and it may be that the translation of what I have written is not correct.
But to clarify what I am looking for, let me explain that I currently use ultravnc to serve remote clients. They notify me by phone, they run their client program and I can connect from my computer. Simply that.
Thank you.
There is a fundamental problem with what you want to do in that for this to work, the remote device has to be in "server" mode and accept incoming connections. For this to happen, the device has to have an IP address that is public and visible to the internet. This can be achieved if connected to WiFi and the appropriate port forwarding is set up on the router, but in general, Android devices are designed to run getting their internet access from cell carriers and there is no way a carrier will set up port forwarding for you (although not sure whether any of them are willing to give you a fixed public IP for a price as you can do with domestic ISPs). This is why all the commercial offerings use central servers as intermediaries between two devices/PCs which each connect to the server as a "client".

I was recently horrified at the cost of even "Basic" TeamViewer when it decided recently that I was in "commercial use" so reverted to RDP again. Must check out AnyDesc!

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

joaquinortiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I don't know where to put the question because it's not directly related to B4X. Please have a moderator move it to where it is convenient, thank you.

My question is: Is there any software to connect from a linux/windows PC to a remote android device, over the internet?

Sometimes it is necessary to move to other cities to do an installation or to solve a problem and the loss of time and money is considerable.

I use VNC to connect to PCs, but for android I can't find anything.
Thank you.

Your need it's called a MDM Software. A Mobile Device Management. With This kind of software you can make a remote access with each device on field, install apk to all device in one step, check settings from one device, save the settings profile and send it to all devices. IF the device it's on field you can see it in real-time on a map. There are several software that can do this job. A pair of them are:

Both works for Android & IOS.

You have to contact a partner and buy the license

Upvote 0

hibrid0

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use a software called ScreenConnect now is ConnectWise Control, the system is install on my own server I have a vps to run that.
Work fine with Windows, Linux, mac, Android and iOS.
The Android to take control pcs and to take control Android devices was deprecated the support, Just some brands work "fine" really slow.
Right now the system work something like an streaming of the mobile screen and we need to talk to use to make any action.

But is bettar than nothing, on the backend we have others option for example file Explorer and see apps running. Right I dont use that Features a lot. But you will see if will work for you.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Remote Assistant is FREE

I´m not sure if they provide a Android Version though. But for PC<->PC it does work fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vecino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the link.
It seems that it is only for PC (windows), there is no version for android at the moment.

Upvote 0