B4J Question [SOLVED] ABM for dummies - Lesson 7 explanation use USER.txt file

Gnappo jr

Licensed User
Longtime User
In lesson 7 of ABMaterial for dummy there is the user_GenCode.zip file which contains the user.txt file, I don't understand how I should use it. Unfortunately I can't make a summary of lessons 5, 6 and 7.
There is talk of an ABMgenerator and a modal sheet code for CRUD and it is assumed that the reader is familiar with this. In summary I would like a 'deus ex machina' that would give an additional explanation.

Thanks for any replies

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wanna take a shot at this, although I never used ABMGenerator myself, so if I'm wrong, someone else will correct me.
The ABMGenerator takes a "Form" from a page, or from a modal, and, given a database, produces about 90% of the needed code, thus freeing the dev to focus on other parts of the program.

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The users.zip contains users.sql.

This is a database table export from my DB. You will use it to import into your DB.

From Lesson 3:

You will need a WAMP (Windows version) to continue with this lesson (see below for a nice light one...).
Also, import the attached users.sql (users.zip) into your database - using your favorite DB manager. I use phpmyadmin.

Thanks...

Upvote 0

Gnappo jr

Licensed User
Longtime User
The users.zip contains users.sql.

This is a database table export from my DB. You will use it to import into your DB.

From Lesson 3:

You will need a WAMP (Windows version) to continue with this lesson (see below for a nice light one...).
Also, import the attached users.sql (users.zip) into your database - using your favorite DB manager. I use phpmyadmin.

Thanks...
sorry you're right the user.txt file is inside User_GenCode.zip

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That is an example of the code generated by the ABMGenterator.... as per the lesson...
That is what you would ultimately copy and paste into your project page (appropriate place) .

Hey, I know that this ABM thing is a new concept to grasp.
It WAS an extreme struggle for me initially - BUT I knew if I stuck with it - all my (web app dev wet) dreams would come true.

If you don't get it at first, go modify some code and see what results.
These lessons (examples) are not are NOT a template of the framework - they are designed to help you understand how to use it.
It would likely take 10 times more time to explain it as it did @alwaysbusy took to write it...

Remember the video - baby steps... (It means setting small reasonable goals for yourself - one small step at a time).
Classic!

Don't despair, you shall get it... Many others did - and you are no different....

Upvote 0

Gnappo jr

Licensed User
Longtime User
That is an example of the code generated by the ABMGenterator.... as per the lesson...
That is what you would ultimately copy and paste into your project page (appropriate place) .

Hey, I know that this ABM thing is a new concept to grasp.
It WAS an extreme struggle for me initially - BUT I knew if I stuck with it - all my (web app dev wet) dreams would come true.

If you don't get it at first, go modify some code and see what results.
These lessons (examples) are not are NOT a template of the framework - they are designed to help you understand how to use it.
It would likely take 10 times more time to explain it as it did @alwaysbusy took to write it...

Remember the video - baby steps... (It means setting small reasonable goals for yourself - one small step at a time).
Classic!

Don't despair, you shall get it... Many others did - and you are no different....
Thanks Harris for replying to me and especially for your commitment in making the tutorial much appreciated. All the examples work, the difficulties encountered are due to the fact that I wanted to use MSSQL SERVER and something was badly converted by me.

Upvote 0