B4J Question [SOLVED] [ABMaterial] ABMGridBuilder and Java 11 or 14 issue

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

Despite the title, and even if the concerned code base is the ABMaterial Tool called "GridBuilder", this question is more about the "Build Stand Alone Package" feature.

ABMGridBuilder jar seems to not be compatible with Java11.0.1 nor with Java 14.0.1, as already discussed in this forum previously, when the packager was still a stand alone tool, not yet part of the IDE. The thread seemed to point to afound solution, consisting on changing a few lines in the packager source code, and that those changes would later be integrated into the new release of the tool. Later the tool bacame a part of the IDE.
I have searched the forum and downloaded the packager source code in order to verify and introduce, if needed, the needed changes, only to find that the changes were already there.
Still, my issue remained, and I turned to Alain, the creator of the ABM Framework, and he produced a package, using the IDE package tool, that in his computer works with both Java 11 and Java 14.

If I run the source code of the Grid Builder from the IDE, it works flawlessly, being it in debug as is release. BUT, the resulting jar only produces a blank form! Same behaviour I get with Alain's pakaged exe.

So... what can it be????

runing the grid builder from the IDE is far from an optimal solution.

Any hints?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1594566403653.png

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It does. I'm away from my pc for about 2h, will post the requested output then

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't seem to attact the file, at 4.3Mb the forum claims its to be too large of a file!!!

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I will only be able to test it this afternoon, when I arrive from my day job

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Has expected, it presents the exact same behaviour.

Can this be a antivirus (AVAST) issue?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi EREL,

same thing... I even upped it to 6144 (6GB) but nothing changed.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After reading a bit of the stackoverflow thread you pointed, where it is stated that the issue may be in the canvas size, I decided to diveinto the code, searchng for the canvas defenitions.
The grid builder uses 4 canvas; one with 10k (!) height, and 3 with 1K height. Since I hardly ever be creating such a huge grid, I reduced theses sizes to abou half.
And guess what, it worked! The packaged exe works right out of the box.

[edit] you beat me for 3 seconds!!!

Upvote 0

Philip Chatzigeorgiadis

Licensed User
Longtime User
After reading a bit of the stackoverflow thread you pointed, where it is stated that the issue may be in the canvas size, I decided to diveinto the code, searchng for the canvas defenitions.
The grid builder uses 4 canvas; one with 10k (!) height, and 3 with 1K height. Since I hardly ever be creating such a huge grid, I reduced theses sizes to abou half.
And guess what, it worked! The packaged exe works right out of the box.

[edit] you beat me for 3 seconds!!!
Can you please point to the code parts that need to be changed?
Thanks.
P.S. Perhaps it might be useful if AlwaysBusy could also make these changes permanent in future ABMaterial releases.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
GridScrollPane.LoadLayout("GridCanvas", GridScrollPane.Width, 2000)

DevicesPane.LoadLayout("Devices")

PPane.LoadLayout("PCanvas", 150, 500)
TPane.LoadLayout("TCanvas", 150, 500)
DPane.LoadLayout("DCanvas", 150, 500)

Upvote 0