B4J Question [Solved] [ABMaterial] - using https (secure)

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
myApp.StartServerHTTP2(srvr, "srvr", port, 443,"keystore","b12xxxxx","b12xxxxx" ) ' port = 51046
Is this correct?

I purchased SSL cert from SSLs.com (namecheap)...

I had my VPS provider setup the certs on my VPS.
I created a keystore (named keystore) according to this command - and answering questions...

keytool -keystore keystore -alias jetty -genkey -keyalg RSA

Updated server with new jar and rebooted. The jar did start on the server, however
now I can't run the app in my browser.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Getting closer. No solution yet for the last one (the keytool command), with code (already tried a lot, always getting invalid). If I do that one manually, it looks like it is working:

1614331107879.png

Alwaysbusy

Upvote 0

RWK

Licensed User
[offToopic]
GarminConnect....

AlwaysBusy.....can you please code garmin a subroutine...so that I can edit my Intervals... I speak to them over and over...they won't let me edit the distance of Intervals. I manually stop my Laps on my treadmill with my 310XT and after upload I can't set the 1km laps :( .... God thank it is getting warm... so I can run outside again :)
[offTopic]

sorry, can't resist.

But a little on Topic,

I use Nginx Proxy manager to link with subomains to my programms....so nginx will do the work of letsencrypt and renewing... and also it is always extern port 80 aka 443 to the webapps.
Proxmox with nginx behind pfsense. normaly WebApps in separat containers.

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
GarminConnect
Sorry, only using it to track my 'poor' golf progress ;)

You are right about nginx, but what we are trying to do here is having something that B4X would be able to do without the need of external tools.

Just got keytool in code working, but for some reason the keyStorePassword and keyManagerPassword need to be the same. I'll continue...

Alwaysbusy

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
keyStorePassword and keyManagerPassword need to be the same
Fixed. Stupid typo. Unfortunately, I have now reached the limit I'm allowed from Let's Encrypt :rolleyes:. Will be reset in three hours or one week, depending on what limit I have broken (it is not very clear from the error).

I will start a new topic in the Libraries later today where you will be able to download the library and test it for yourself.

So I think, together with the dynamic reloading solution @OliverA came up with (maybe with ABCron to launch it) we could have a complete B4X solution! šŸ„³

Alwaysbusy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fixed. Stupid typo. Unfortunately, I have now reached the limit I'm allowed from Let's Encrypt :rolleyes:. Will be reset in three hours or one week, depending on what limit I have broken (it is not very clear from the error).

I will start a new topic in the Libraries later today where you will be able to download the library and test it for yourself.

So I think, together with the dynamic reloading solution @OliverA came up with (maybe with ABCron to launch it) we could have a complete B4X solution! šŸ„³

Alwaysbusy
Amazing Work !!!!

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ABKeystoreSSL 1.05

This library allows you to generate SSL Certificates without the need of using the openssl and keytool tools. It can also reload a certificate in a jServer app (also ABMServer or BANanoServer) at runtime.

Alwaysbusy

Upvote 0