Android Question [SOLVED] Adding own application icon

TomKluz

Licensed User
Hello,
Probably it is a basic question, but I can't find a clear procedurę how to add own app icon.

May I ask for some help ?

TomKluz

TomKluz

Licensed User
Thank you very much Mr Erel. Working.
Which is the recomended size for the picture ?

When I have added a rys.jpg (temporary icon file) to the files catalog I have got this worning about it (attached picture because I cannot copy this text). There is also the same message a
file I am trying to use as a backgrounf of app starting page. I don't know what it is "Files tab".
What I have to do with this worning ?

Kind regards. TomKluz

Attachments

Last edited:

TomKluz

Licensed User
I have looked over Beginer guide and IDE manual in pdf and also seen your video (IDE tips). There is written a term 'files tab' few times. I know that I have to add a files used by project (for example icon picture) into files folder. If it is done from external it has to be synchronised. I know this but I don't know where in IDE is an entrance to perform it.
May you please to give me this path ?
Thank you for icon size.
TomKluz

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
There is no need to add the icon file to the Files Manager Tab!
In the menu, select Choose icon.

upload_2019-3-18_18-58-18.png

You will be asked to select an image file, it can be in any folder, the image will be added to the project.
That's all.

TomKluz

Licensed User
Thank you Mr Klaus
Finally I have discovered a path in designer: Windows\Files and further. This was an entrance to Files tab. Worning has dissapeard.
I am going to ask you also about the same thing in B4J. How to prepeare an icon there, because I didn't found this option in B4J.
Should I migrate with this question to B4J group ?

TomKluz