Android Question [SOLVED] Allowing NotificationListenerService

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
In the NotificationListener Service's example, we call ACTION_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SETTINGS to display an activity and manually allow the service receiving the notifications. But on some devices, that activity does not exist (which is documented at developer.android and specified as added in API level 22).

av.png

But, the NotificationListenerService was added in API level 18.

So, do you know how we could allow the setting on devices without ACTION_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SETTINGS activity, please ?
I have checked with p.GetSettings("enabled_notification_listeners") and it is not enabled by default.

Thanks

Last edited:

Abraham

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, I have finished mi app and all is working, now i need to send to this app a notification from an other device.
Even if the app is not active. I do not now how to do that, but i think to do it in this way;
1. first it is needed to present the app to the other device.
2. When the other device mast send a message it needs this info to send something.
It is the same way how Whats-app it is doing.
3. I like to send a small icon and a text string but i need have the possibility to control the text string
in mi program.
Sorry to disturb you.....but I still can not find the things I do not know YET.
can you do something for me or to send mi something to learn.

Abraham

Upvote 0

Abraham

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes i Will, but in my inbox is written "start a new conversation" so i used that,Sorry
perhaps you can tel mi where i can find the place to start a new thread, sorry, i'm new here!
Abraham

Upvote 0