iOS Question [Solved] Apple Store and payment method

Charly68

Licensed User
Hello everyone!
I have just finished developing my first App in B4i. I intend to sell it privately.
The version I want to publish in the Apple store has limited functionality. I will send privately to my customers a code to unlock all functions.
Is it possible to publish it as a free app or, it is mandatory to use Apple's "In app purchase" option?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance!
Charlie

Solution
You have to use Apple's in app purchase if you are selling digital goods like functionality. If it was a tangible product or a physical service you could use your own payment method. If apple finds it out, your app may be removed.

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You have to use Apple's in app purchase if you are selling digital goods like functionality. If it was a tangible product or a physical service you could use your own payment method. If apple finds it out, your app may be removed.

Upvote 0
Solution

Charly68

Licensed User
Many thanks tufanv a Pendrush for your answers! I will make the needed changes in my app and try again this week.
I will let you know the results. Thank you again!

Upvote 0

Charly68

Licensed User
I have managed to configure "In app purchases". I had trouble with error "Code 0 - cannot connect to iTunes" but it worked when I logged off my account on itunes and logged again with test user created in Apple sandbox. Thank you again Tufanv and Pendrush for your help.

Upvote 0