iOS Question [SOLVED] - Can't use X-Code and B4i

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looking for some guidance.

I am very new to profiling, certificates and app IDs, but I managed to get my X-Code set up working with my own manually created certificates and provisioning profiles, using iOS Development

All was well.

I then managed to sort of get B4i working by following the tutorial for creating a Distribution profile for b4i. Still had a problem with it not actually running but I thought I was getting there.

I come back to X-Code and I find that the profile that I created no longer includes the signing certificate.

It seems that a new key-chain is created for the B4i stuff which doesn't seem to have the references to the correct certificates - or something. To be honest I am just stabbing in the dark here.

I thought I could have a developers profile for X-Code and a distribution profile for B4i, both in the same key-chain.

How do I get this all to work? I don't want to end up using one or other exclusively.

Thanks for any guidance. And praise be to Android for its sheer simplicity compared to all this!

JMB

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah, that is very useful to know. I assumed that somehow I would be able to use X-code to develop in Swift, and also develop with B4i as well.

As you mention, it feels like an either/or situation. I managed to get my development profiles working in X-Code, then I set up the B4i installation and the X-code side of things all fell apart.

I shall have to make some decisions as to which I want to use I guess!

JMB

Upvote 0

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which presumably means I could bypass affecting the certificates and profiles on my macbook completely? I could access the hosted builder from the Windows machine running on my macbook...

And presumably the setup that you describe in your tutorial would result in all the certificates and profiles and so on being passed to the hosted builder rather than to x-code on my machine?

Sounds like a solution!

Upvote 0

JMB

Licensed User
Longtime User
RESULT!

I paid for the hosted server. Deleted all the old files from the keys folder and started again following the tutorial for the creation of certificates and provisioning profiles, while doing the whole thing on the Windows machine running in Parallels on the Macbook.

I un-installed B4i-Bridge, recompiled it in B4i via the hosted server, installed it again on my iphone, and everything is working now.

I use the Hosted Server from inside B4i, and the bridge installs my code.

Meanwhile, X-Code works quite happily with the certificates and profiles that I have set up for that on the Macbook.

Very, very pleased and impressed with B4i!

Thanks Erel.

Upvote 0