Android Question (Solved) Customized Infowindow for GoogleMap using GoogleMapextra

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great people of this forum, please, i need urgent assistance in getting customized infowindow to work on my Google map. I have twisted all examples i could lay my hand upon in this forum but to no avail. I could get google map to work, displayed and populated default markers from my Sqlite database, but i am having problem with how to customize infowindow. I have tried Martin(warwound) Customized Annotation example here, but could not get it to work after replacing with my API key, manifest re-configuration and other stuffs. I also tried from walterf25 question(android part) here, but to no avail. The application crashes on phones with no problem trace from emulator's log. I need one of these two requests or both:
1. Help me modify the attached Martin example already twisted below:

Customized Annotation 2

2. Give me example of customized infowindow that is populated from simple sqlite database with default or customized markers and map

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please, great people of this community, don't pass this thread without helping me. I urgently need the customised infowindowadapter example. I will be happy if someone can help me with simple example of customized infoadapter for two/three markers from sqlite database for googlemap.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
The one I need most is No 1, Creating a custom infowindow, I have already been able to read from SQL db and populated Google map default markers. I only need a customized infowindow to popup from the googlemap maker.I have already worked on warwound example as I stated in #1 above. What I did so far with Warwound example is attached above in #1 above as Customized Annotation2. After compilation and installation, it crashes without any log trace. My ordinary Google map with markers with default info windows are OK and running well, but once I integrate customized annotation2 above to it or run it alone, it crashes

Upvote 0

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
1Q: Find the error message and post it

I used real device, because my you wave emulator has no Google service installed, I tried installing it but to no avail. To the extent simulator ran during compilation, there was no log

2Q: Upload a Small Project based on that example

It has been uploaded in #1 above: Customized Annotation 2, I only remove Google API key from it, but if it needed I can send it as well. I changed the manifest and included Google play service.jar as inaccordance with your Google Map Tutorial v2 which worked for ordinary Google map with markers.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. MINSDK 14 is MANDATORY
2. Using targetsdk 23 or higher it is MANDATORY to use runtimepermissions
3. To export a project use File->Export as ZIP.

Attachments

• mapsdemonew.zip
    11 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to say thank you! I can't greet you enough @ DonManfred and @ Erel. The DonManfred zip file above ran without problem.
Regards

Upvote 0