iOS Question [Solved] - Firebase Authentication with Facebook problem

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by hatzisn, Apr 17, 2019 at 2:47 PM.

1. hatzisn

hatzisn Active Member Licensed User

Hi everyone,

I followed step by step the tutorial in logging in with Facebook and Google account and I was successful in logging in with Google but when I try to login with Facebook I get the following report (the dashes are removed text to make it briefer and with the 'X's I just cover my e-mail):

Application_Openurl
    -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "fbauth2:/" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"
    -canOpenURL: failed for URL: "fbauth2:/" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"
    openURL: fb2789008061324384://authorize/#state=%7B%22challenge%22%3A%22F3mOeDdm1UNvRut5lQy1EoMJ%252Bew%253D%22%2C%220_auth_logger_id%22%3A%225896CD07-FC31-47CD-9E1C-A08EF8F56B1B%22%2C%22com.facebook.sdk_client_state%22%3Atrue%2C%223_method%22%3A%22sfvc_auth%22%7D&granted_scopes=email%2Cpublic_profile&denied_scopes=&signed_request=r-037LYISLrLn0rNF_7B-EmRV8-mGkD25j-ONFCOMDI.eyJ1c2VyX2-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------hhHnWZBpLtI4HvCGessx3mjPHdHRJKyStWApwJMbVnrw50zBTFSDNwcTpJZBMjSESS73Q4LvkR9SjYPG7otKQJoHPVmkgZDZD&data_access_expiration_time=1563283224&expires_in=5183287&e2e=%7B%22init%22%3A31943.992365333001%7D, com.apple.SafariViewService, (null)
    Application_Openurl
    Error signing in: Error Domain=FIRAuthErrorDomain Code=17007 "The email address is already in use by another account." UserInfo={error_name=ERROR_EMAIL_ALREADY_IN_USE, FIRAuthErrorUserInfoEmailKey=hatXXXXXXX@gmail.com, NSLocalizedDescription=The email address is already in use by another account.}

My gmail account and my facebook acount have the same e-mail. I have signed in with Google Account and signed out. But still no luck.
    Is this because I logged in with Google and cannot login with Facebook due to this or is there another reason? The Facebook app is activated and I have changed correctly the App ID where it is necessary.

Thanks in advance

2. hatzisn

This problem is half solved. If I install the Facebook app in iPhone the "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)" errors disappear but the following error remains. How can I remove my e-mail from Firebase authenticated e-mails since I already have signed out?

Error signing in: Error Domain=FIRAuthErrorDomain Code=17007 "The email address is already in use by another account." UserInfo={error_name=ERROR_EMAIL_ALREADY_IN_USE, FIRAuthErrorUserInfoEmailKey=hatXXXXXXX@gmail.com, NSLocalizedDescription=The email address is already in use by another account.}

3. hatzisn

The problem has been solved completely by going to https://console.firebase.google.com and deleting the registered user in authentication/users. I noticed that when I have signed in with Facebook and logout I can sign in with Google but the other way around leads to the error mentioned in the previous message.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice