Bug? [Solved - Fixed By Redownloading BANanoServer] BANanoServer Requires MySQL?

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm testing out BANanoServer and have run into a problem: The default template (the one from File > New > BANanoServer Websocket Server and Web App) won't run even with all of the MySQL stuff commented out.

How do I make BANanoServer run without MySQL? (As my app doesn't need it.)

CC: @alwaysbusy

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Text:
B4X:
Dim jocp As JavaObject = pool
src\b4j\example\serverdbm.java:418: error: cannot access HikariDataSource
_jocp = (anywheresoftware.b4j.object.JavaObject) anywheresoftware.b4a.AbsObjectWrapper.ConvertToWrapper(new anywheresoftware.b4j.object.JavaObject(), (java.lang.Object)(_pool.getObject()));
                                                                                                                                                                                        ^
  class file for com.zaxxer.hikari.HikariDataSource not found

Image:
1651324418122.png

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are missing the hikariCP library. You either add it or you remove the connection pool code. Note that hikariCP is not specific for MySQL, but can also be used as connection pool with other databases.

I've already tried removing all of the connection pool code; as stated in my original post. (I've also just now removed the commented code to make sure and still the same issue.)

I'm testing out BANanoServer and have run into a problem: The default template (the one from File > New > BANanoServer Websocket Server and Web App) won't run even with all of the MySQL stuff commented out.

I've attached the test project I'm using to demonstrate the problem.

Attachments

• BANanoServer.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 91

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
I redownloaded BANanoServer and can now run the default template without MySQL. (It seems I need to really start keeping track of when I need to update my libraries.)

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BANanoServer is a package that has a lot of stuff in it prepared that you can use. One of those things is a database connection (something almost every Webapp needs at one point). But you do not have to use it. The redownload probably fixed the missing HikariCP library problem.