Longtime User
Please help! I have done the following

1. Purchase b4i
2. Paid Apple developer account ($99)
3. I have 2 separate computer 1 pc and 1 Mac book pro

ON windows PC win 7

1. Install B4i with the installer.
2. Java jdk1.7.0_25
3. install certificate with certificate tutorial. Get UIUD from my ipad mini and iphone ios7.0
4. Tried installing B4i-bridge. Run build server- build b4i-bridge App get ERROR

“Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Communication error: ConnectFailure”

On Mac computer OSX Yosemite Ver 10.10

1. download Install Java JDK 8
2. Install Xcode 6
3. download macserver-aa zip and unzip into a folder
4. double click on B4iBuildServer.jar. But nothing happen?

There must be some steps or sequence I am not doing right! Please help

Thanks

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you didn't buy the hosted Mac builder with B4i, you'll need to get the B4iBuildServer running first.

You'll need to run the BuildServer from the command line on the Mac, Open a terminal. CD to wherever you saved it and type

java -jar B4iBuildServer.jar

(check the capitalization is the same as the file name)

It should then run, and you should be able to connect from B4i IDE and compile the B4i-Bridge.

Upvote 0

marcel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Make also sure that in your b4i ide the buildsettings havE the ip address of your mac computer.

Upvote 0

tcgoh

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you didn't buy the hosted Mac builder with B4i, you'll need to get the B4iBuildServer running first.
You'll need to run the BuildServer from the command line on the Mac, Open a terminal. CD to wherever you saved it and type
java -jar B4iBuildServer.jar

(check the capitalization is the same as the file name)

It should then run, and you should be able to connect from B4i IDE and compile the B4i-Bridge.
Make also sure that in your b4i ide the buildsettings havE the ip address of your mac computer.

Many thanks to your reply and help. The bridge is running on my iphone and ipad now.
Will now try to develop some app.

Two more questions,
1. do I need my Mac book to be on when I'm building app?
2. if I'm overseas, do I need to bring my Mac along? or development can be done on the PC alone ?

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are compiling on the Mac, and not the hosted mac builder service, the Mac will need to be on and on the same network, so yes you'll need to take your Mac with you. If you purchase the Hosted mac builder, then you just need an internet connection.

I have both, using the Hosted service but have the local compile option set up just in case of problems with my internet connection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have both, using the Hosted service but have the local compile option set up just in case of problems with my internet connection.
It's just occurred to me that if I actually left a second computer (the Mac) on 24/7 for a year to compile, it would probably cost considerably more than the $25 fee for the hosted service in electricity alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tcgoh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel. Sorry about the title.
Looks like I have to purchase the Host Mac builder.

Upvote 0