B4J Question [SOLVED] How to enable Jaybird library

ghale

Licensed User
Hello people,
I'm trying to figure out how to add jaybird library to a test project I'm doing because I want to connect to a Firebird database.

So, from Firebird JDBC Driver page I've downloaded "Jaybird-3.0.6-JDK_1.8.zip" file and I've decompressed it.
I copied "jaybird-3.0.6.jar" file into a folder, "AdditionalLibraries", that I've configured into B4J as Additional Libraries path.

But when I start B4J, I can't see anything new into "Libraries Manager".

I've tried to search into forum, or on Google, but I can't find a way to enable the Firebird library.

Someone can help me, please?

Regards,
ghale

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User

ghale

Licensed User
You are right!

Only thing I've not understood is how to use an external folder for jar file.
Actually only putting "jaybird-3.0.6.jar" into "c:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\Libraries\" works.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Actually only putting "jaybird-3.0.6.jar" into "c:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\Libraries\" works.
that´s a mistake to put any additional libraries or jars here.

Go to IDE->Tools-Configure Paths and set a path for AdditionalLibraries. Put all additional libraries and additional jars in the folder your configured.

ghale

Licensed User
Go to IDE->Tools-Configure Paths and set a path for AdditionalLibraries. Put all additional libraries and additional jars in the folder your configured.
This is awkward...
Since the beginning, I put the jar file into an external folder already mapped into Tools->Configure Paths.
During compilation, I got an error "Cannot find: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\libraries\jaybird-full-3.0.6.jar"
Now, if I put that jar file into the external folder, it works.
However, thank you! You solved my issue!