Android Question [Solved] Installing B4A 8: where are the files?

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
today I found some time to upgrade from B4A 7.30 to 8.00.
I followed the instructions and everything seemed to complete smoothly with no problems or errors.
Then I browsed for android.jar and ... surprise!
In my newly created folder "AndroidSDK8" there's only the "tool" folder I created from the zip file at step 1 of the process. So, where are all the files the SDKManager was supposed to download and install?

The attached file shows that the tool believes everything was installed properly. But where?

ps: I checked my former AndroidSDK folder and fortunately it stayed untouched, so I can still launch my B4A 7.30 copy.

Questions:
- where are all the files downloaded during the installation process?
- how can I revert back to step 0 and start the process again (hoping that unistalling and reinstalling B4A is not the only option..)

TIA

Attachments

• sdkmanager.PNG
    sdkmanager.PNG
    37 KB · Views: 276

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had no problems when updating. So just create a new folder "AndroidSDK" or similar. Download the command line tools and unzip it (so there's only the tools folder right now in the new folder). Start the SDK manager and set the path to the bat file and go (the platforms should be shown and downloaded now).

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just found it was an effect of COMODO "protecting" me...
I'm reinstalling everything from scratch than I hope to update the thread's title to "[solved].."

OK, done. Everything seems to work properly again.

To reply to my own question: look in the C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume3\AndroidSDK8 folder (the name I gave to my new folder for Android SDK stuff).

BTW, it's not the first time that COMODO gets in the way, but I prefer to face this kind of difficulties if that comes with good protection.

udg

Last edited:
Upvote 0