iOS Question SOLVED - iOS ASTabMenu question: TabClick event not firing

cjpryor

Licensed User
So, I am looking for advice as to what I might need to do to make my B4X design work in iOS.

I used B4XPages (and XUI) to develop a desktop application in B4J that uses the ASTabMenu control for navigation. It works fine in Windows, Mac, and Linux. However, when run as an iOS application the ASTabMenu TabClick event is not fired.

An iOS ASTabMenu example downloaded from the forum works, but it does not support my desired functionality. The only difference I can find is the sample iOS application forces the end user to return to the main page to switch to a different page.

My design has a Main Page that simply lists available items with no need for the ASTabMenu. Once an item is selected, data for that item is divided across multiple "subsequent" pages and I want the ASTabMenu to be visible at all times on all "subsequent" pages so a user can easily switch between pages without having to return to the main page.

Here are some screen shots (from my B4J application) to illustrate what I am talking about. This a just a couple of the "subsequent" pages for illustration. The "home" button returns the user back to the Main Page. The iOS application looks the same but the TabClick event does not fire. It is almost as if the ASTabMenu is disabled so I added ASTabMenu1.ViewEnable(True) to each B4XPage_Appear event but it made no difference.

Main Page:

MainPage.jpg

Subsequent Page 1:

Identification.jpg

Subsequent Page 2:

Description.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Clay

Last edited:

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
On a related note, I am slowly building on the ASTabMenu example to more closely match what I am doing. So far it continues to work but the pages are very simple.
I see you are on a very old version. Download the.b4xlib again from the lib. Thread ans put it in your additional lib. Folder

Upvote 0

cjpryor

Licensed User
I see you are on a very old version. Download the.b4xlib again from the lib. Thread ans put it in your additional lib. Folder
Thank you! Working on setting up the latest now. BTW, I must add that I really appreciate your work. I will follow-up with a donation once we get this figured out.

:)

Upvote 0

cjpryor

Licensed User
Still not working. Say, would you mind outlining at a high level how you would go about troubleshooting this? Otherwise, I think I will continue down the path of building up the example application to better match what I am doing until I break it -or- remove features from my app until the tabclick starts working. Thanks again!

ASTabMenu.png

Upvote 0

cjpryor

Licensed User
I stumbled on the problem. I was setting it as a global on each page so I could reference it from common code. I believe there is a naming conflict in B4i - it worked fine in B4J.

Last edited:
Upvote 0