[SOLVED] Malicious Web Site Blocked

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a site in which I have a simple html page (I had no intention of creating a website, I don't need it but I probably misunderstood the Google requests to get a license as seller).

Inside there is only a link to the PayPal Donate, a counter of visitors (with was provided to me by the hosting) and an advertisement for the hosting.

I'll remove the latter two, but, in the meantime, I would ask you:

Norton antivirus reports my site as malicious, because, when you click on the page, the browser opens a page containing a request to install Media Player.(because it would be necessary! )

This trash is certainly entered by the hosting!

Is there a way to prevent the opening of that page via a PHP script?

Thanks

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Who is your host.
I use Bluehost (shared) and 1&1 (dedicated) for years with no such issues.

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
000webhost is a shit, later you use this for 3 4 months the admin send you a email

you site is under ddos atack, and we have removed your site, you need pay (i dont remember de value) to get your site back.
its very high not recomended 000webhost , put any file on this host, if you go put, make backups all day for your pc

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Experience is important (even when it is negative!).

Thank you, Douglas, I will take note of this, and when I will receive that email I will answer what they deserve.

I certainly did not think of creating a serious site on a free host, but I did not expect this kind of stuff.

Thank you very much.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Knock, knock ? As we are talking about hosting in that thread, may I ask if anyone has experience with Microsoft's Office365 site offers ? I was visited by one of their partners and the offer seems more interesting compared to what I am currently using (Google Apps + one VPS and one dedicated server). So I am currently asking myself if I could replace Google Apps and the VPS with Office365 only.
Any idea about ?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…