[SOLVED] Malicious Web Site Blocked

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a site in which I have a simple html page (I had no intention of creating a website, I don't need it but I probably misunderstood the Google requests to get a license as seller).

Inside there is only a link to the PayPal Donate, a counter of visitors (with was provided to me by the hosting) and an advertisement for the hosting.

I'll remove the latter two, but, in the meantime, I would ask you:

Norton antivirus reports my site as malicious, because, when you click on the page, the browser opens a page containing a request to install Media Player.(because it would be necessary! :mad:)

This trash is certainly entered by the hosting!

Is there a way to prevent the opening of that page via a PHP script?

Thanks

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Get a better hoster or live with such things! I believe you can not prevent such adins if they are defined in the webhoster-config (auto-append or auto insert)
With a good hoster you dont have ads or something other bothering you

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Who is your host.
I use Bluehost (shared) and 1&1 (dedicated) for years with no such issues.

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
000webhost is a shit, later you use this for 3 4 months the admin send you a email

you site is under ddos atack, and we have removed your site, you need pay (i dont remember de value) to get your site back. :mad::mad::mad:
its very high not recomended 000webhost , put any file on this host, if you go put, make backups all day for your pc

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
000webhost is a shit, later you use this for 3 4 months the admin send you a email

you site is under ddos atack, and we have removed your site, you need pay (i dont remember de value) to get your site back. :mad::mad::mad:
its very high not recomended 000webhost , put any file on this host, if you go put, make backups all day for your pc

Experience is important (even when it is negative!).

Thank you, Douglas, I will take note of this, and when I will receive that email I will answer what they deserve.

I certainly did not think of creating a serious site on a free host, but I did not expect this kind of stuff.

Thank you very much.

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Knock, knock ? As we are talking about hosting in that thread, may I ask if anyone has experience with Microsoft's Office365 site offers ? I was visited by one of their partners and the offer seems more interesting compared to what I am currently using (Google Apps + one VPS and one dedicated server). So I am currently asking myself if I could replace Google Apps and the VPS with Office365 only.
Any idea about ?