Android Question [SOLVED] PreferenceActivity and Activity_Resume (not reached)

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I can not understand why in some cases when you return from the PreferenceScreen to the Activity, Activity_Resume is not reached.

I have noticed this on the Moto G and not on the Emulator. I'll have to make more tests with other devices. But I must admit that this questions my understanding.

Do you know why, please ? Thanks

Last edited:

robotop

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, you (lemonisdead) must be very popular, here, to have so really "soft" reaction to your admission: "it's my mistake"... ahr ahr :)

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
to have so really "soft" reaction to your admission: "it's my mistake"
No, no. You, Gentlemen are happy to confirm that nothing is magical in software programming and, as NJDude said, Happy PICNIC :)

Upvote 0

robotop

Licensed User
Longtime User
hehe, that's the reason why I always use a stool in place of a chair when working on a computer....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, you (lemonisdead) must be very popular, here, to have so really "soft" reaction to your admission: "it's my mistake"... ahr ahr :)
It was like an Hollywood movie: a good plot, an intriguing mystery but a disappointing end. The next time, here are some possible ends: it is because of a rare stars conjunction (just once every millenary), it is because of the NSA spyware installed in the device, it is because you've been cursed by an evil witch, it is because it's an alien artefact disguised in Moto G...

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
it is because it's an alien artefact disguised in Moto G
I am sorry not been able to provide a better end. Next time, promised, I won't disturb the community before having done all the checks which would have spared me the shame.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Next time, promised, I won't disturb the community before having done all the checks which would have spared me the shame.

Please, don't do it.
Each time someone honestly post a "it was my fault" message, most of us (silently) enjoy to be not alone in the day-by-day consciousness of own errors (or should I call 'em horrors?). Me for sure.
So, please, everybody keep post your "programming horror" stories that help us to feel more human and less "stupid".

Umberto

Upvote 0