Android Question [SOLVED...] Problem with signing

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Vinians2006, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Vinians2006

Vinians2006 Active Member Licensed User

When I try to compile my app I am getting the following error:

Signing package file (private key) Error

jarsigner: Certificate chain not found for: b4a. b4a must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain

I have correctly loaded my ever used key, what can be wrong? Everytime I start a new project I need to create another key ?? Why I cant use the same key to all my project?
    Thanks!

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

you can use ONE keystore for all your projects. I use one and never change that one... You must do something wrong i believe

Where do you save the keychain?

3. Vinians2006

I dont know what Im doing wrong, I use a file stored in a folder, so I started my new project and loaded that key file successfully, but when I try to run my app I got this message... I really dont know what can be wrong...
    Thanks for reply

4. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

Why you change the keystore already configured in b4a when you start a new project?
    Where do you store the Keystore? Exact path please

5. Vinians2006

Ok, the path of my private key is C:\Dropbox\Criacoes\KeysBackup\xcreator.keystore, but what is the use of this information ?
    I need to configure b4a to my key so I can be able to send my app to android store, I cannot use default debug key...

Thank you for trying to help-me.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  6. Peter Simpson

Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

B4a automatically remembers your previously created keystroke. Just create 1 new keystroke and use it with all your projects. Also you should not share your keystroke with anybody, it's yours and yours alone. If you have a keystroke error, remove the installed app from the device and run your project again...

7. NJDude

NJDude Expert Licensed User

I think you mean KEYSTORE. ;)

8. Peter Simpson

Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

Oops sorry and thank you Mr Dude, I'm Ill and typing on my tablet, even though that's not even a good excuse :(

9. Vinians2006

10. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

During development use the default debug key. When you are ready to distribute your app (assuming that you must use the previous key) then compile without signing and sign it yourself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice