iOS Question [SOLVED] Recommendation for iPhone model?

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I'm a long-time Android user with no real experience from iPhones. Yet I'm about to make an app for both platforms and as such I find myself scratching my head regarding what model of iPhone to get. (The app will not be used on iPads.)

My app is a somewhat typical business app. The only things worth mentioning is that the app needs to scan QR codes, communicate over the internet, use the GPS and show notifications now and then. Other than that there's not much to it.

I expect my target audience to probably have a pretty big range of devices, all from the newest iPhone model to some old model that most of us wouldn't want to use as our daily phone. (I'd like my app to be able to run on all iPhone models, but I don't know enough about iOS yet to know if that's even possible.)

I'd prefer not having to buy the newest model, and it seems like a bad choice to benchmark my app on that model anyway. So I'm looking to buy a used model, but which one?

My questions to the forum:

1. What model of iPhone would you recommend that I get, considering development using B4i, the features I plan to use, and the range of models my audience might have?

2. Is there an iPhone model (or more) that I should just plain avoid in my situation? Why?

Thank you