Android Question [SOLVED] SDK Manager won't restart after update

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I do have a big problem today. I have made an update to the SDK tools (don't remember but it was the first line at the top and perhaps the version 22).

Since that update : the SDK Manager won't start. Even launched from the command line.

I have tried to remove the Android SDK and then after reinstall it without any success. I am still trying to solve the problem.

I have read some thread about in German but I have not found any solution

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Java Control panel tells me that I have the latest version available : I can see Java 8 Update 25.

Edit : I am trying to reinstall the Jdk

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ouch... Not better : uninstalled the Android SDK completely, uninstalled the Jdk completely. Rebooted and restarted. Reinstalled.

When you double click the SDK Manager.exe the command line window opens and closes. When you try to start "C\Android\SDK Manager.exe" from the command line (even as Administrator), there is a blank line and nothing happens...

Edit : tried while antivirus desactivated : not better

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your support. It is good not to be alone in such cases. Removing the space (file renamed SDKM.exe) didn't made it work.
I have tried (who knows ?) : SDKM.exe /? and got an empty line and returned to the prompt... I have tried to start Java programs and they were launched.
But Android Studio gives me an idea to follow (still trying to fix that)

AS.png

EDIT : that error is fixed but still not working for Android...

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Absolutely no error in a console window :
1. I type "SDKM.exe"
2. a blank line is printed
3. the prompt is shown

And I can wait, wait, wait : nothing comes...

console.png

I am currently trying to install in a new location as you suggested

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not better : trying to install the JDK 7 instead of 8 (but it was working before I did update the Android SDK _ I can't understand what happened)

EDIT : not better. Tried to remove any folder containing Android (user\Appdata\Local\.Android). Not better.
Now, trying to download the full Android package to be provided at least one Loliloop image (AS + SDK + the image as mentioned on the Developer site)...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK - after having installed all the package, I am able to compile again. More than great.

But I can still not start the SDK Manager or the AVD Manager. Does B4A print a log file when we start the AVD Manager from the Tools menu, please ?

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
SOLVED by downgrading the SDK.
The SDK available at developer.android is currently version 24 and won't work.

I had to download the version 21 to be able to have a SDK Manager opening its Window : https://dl.google.com/android/installer_r21-windows.zip
Uncompressed the ZIP file anywhere (really I didn't took care about) and its window opened.

After that, I have updated slowly the SDK tools

EDIT : I have made a mistake in the URL. It seems to be https://dl.google.com/android/android-sdk_r20-windows.zip instead

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
please could you check if your SDK Manager.exe and AVD Manager.exe have the Android's icons ? Mine were like executables and not with the green robot. Thanks

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK. So I could decide to upgrade to v24 again, later. Thanks a lot

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks and in the same time : Damn, I had no luck.. I will try to upgrade then (I am currently downloading rev20). Sorry for the time I made you spend and thanks again. Will post the result later today

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have started via the SDK Manager. We will see but thanks (again) for the suggestion

UPD24.png

Upvote 0