Android Question [Solved] WebView that supports ionic framework

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Rajesh kannan MJ, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Rajesh kannan MJ

Rajesh kannan MJ Member Licensed User

Hi,

Is it possible to support and display ionic framework files in B4A?

I tried using file:// option but, it broke css. Also not sure whether it will support ajax.

I understand B4A and WebView based apps are completely different. But just thought whether it is possible.

Also, If anyone could create wrapper for Cordova, It can help to embed server in webview.

Thank you,

UPDATE: April 10, 2015
    It is not the bug from webview. It is how ionic is supposed to render in Android webviews. So, the display differs from iOS. Thanks to Erel for yous cool and patience replies.

For more information about why/how ionic renders please visit this external site thread http://forum.ionicframework.com/t/s...k-good-in-android-device-and-emulator/20619/6

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I'm not familiar with the ionic framework. However WebView does support ajax. You can also load complex layout web sites with WebView. However you need to load them correctly.

If you like upload the html and css files and we can help you load them.

3. Rajesh kannan MJ

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  4. Erel

The angular framework is missing.

5. Rajesh kannan MJ

Erel, They are called from CDN.

6. Rajesh kannan MJ

7. Erel

Please create a project with all the files and then export it with File - Export as zip.

8. Rajesh kannan MJ

Erel, Here I created zip file in B4A , the ionic files are in Files folder. Basically the project runs. Please note that, in rapid mode it does not work. But in legacy and release mode, the browser shows html pages. Still, it is broken,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmueetaje7yg4sj/ionic.zip?dl=0

Thanks for your help,

9. Rajesh kannan MJ

Hi @Erel

Please tell me if I need to provide more information,

Thank you,

10. Erel

11. Rajesh kannan MJ

@Erel I apologize on the webview issue. Actually, webview renders it correctly.

I asked ionic people on it. They told me that ionic is instructed to display things this way when rendered in Android. So, the look and feel differs from iOS.

You can see the thread here http://forum.ionicframework.com/t/s...ook-good-in-android-device-and-emulator/20619 . I wanted to post this link, because, it may be useful to any one who wish to combine ionic and B4A :)

Thanks again Erel,

hibrid0 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice