Some general questions

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What are the reasons to have changed some language keywords between B4PPC to B4Android ?
- 2^3 to Power(2,3)
- Sqrt(2) to Power(2,0.5)
- cPi to PI_NUMBER
- cE to E_NUMBER

The advantage of leaving the keywords the same as in B4PPC and other basics is an easy import of well running routines without having to check and change these routines. Equations with the 'old' keywords are much easier to read than with the new ones.

Will the keywords Select / Case / End Select be added in the next release. I am using a lot of those and don't would like to avoid changing all these to If / Else If / End If which are less convenient ?

Best regards.

glook

Licensed User
Longtime User
What are the reasons to have changed some language keywords between B4PPC to B4Android ?
- don't really mind much on this. Either is fine, I'm happy with straightforward changes if syntax is simple. Perhaps some "is equivalent" documentation would be useful?

Will the keywords Select / Case / End Select be added
- agree, this has my vote! Important for big projects, I also use it a lot. Maybe at least by the time of the production release? - please.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I'd second klaus's opinion on the constants, would be very easy to use the intellisense feature to get constants when i key in "c" and hit ctrl+space bar...

Hope your implementation in the next versions will have this :)

Cheers!