Source Code Sales - New forum needed?

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
All of us know that quality and fully functional apps take time and efforts ! A full application cannot be written in one week !
Yes, again this is not a name and shame post at all, every purchase I have made has worked until the super seller arrived! And part of the reason that things may not work could be down to me! This is currently my hobby and I'm sure the code I have will still have insights and tricks I can use in future.

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am afraid that you need to give some more information.
What 'Source Codes' and from whom.
I have published quite some programs in this forum which work, and for free .
So, in my opinion, if any user in this forum publishes unusable programs without any support and for sale, he should be banned.
I know, it is rude, but this is my opinion.
Agree 100%!

jahswant

Licensed User
Longtime User
at the end we all are programmers and there is no better feeling than understanding the code, improving it, and making it suit your own needs. so there is no point in delivering a perfect source although the source should have basic functionalities and should be easy to understand
Sir @ilan all programmers will also love to have perfectly and fully functional apps to learn from them. At least as deliver what was advertised !

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, Put a movie in folder, then fill the details in on the admin page. So far, I have managed to get a movie, put it in the folder, use another app with purchased code!!!! lol to get imdb info so I enter "movie name" it gives a list and I have formatted the output so it matches yours, it's fine, as you only add a movie every now and again.... but I'm stuck how I could just add another page to the admin panel and have some sort of Crud actions on it, It's really not a problem I am super happy with my purchase, it's actually amazing as I have been searching for a way to do it for a few years on and off now! So I'm very happy!
actually, it's not that hard and it may be challenging.

what you need to do is add a WebSocket Server similar to the compose Websocket Page. Then add a form (check this out: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/forms/form-control/)

and you can add the new movie details to the form and with a button click, you send everything to the server and create automatically the *.dat file according to the movie name.

take the compose page as a reference.

create the same folder under another name and try to send data from the page to the server.
you will see it is much simpler if you try it.

i had a look at the code and i can tell you that i would do several stuff different today. i wrote it a few months ago when i just started to make b4j webapps but still the app is working fine and the new feature you want to implement is not a big deal.

try it, if you get stuck ask and i will try to help. it is important to try it by yourself and get to the result.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
actually, it's not that hard and it may be challenging.

what you need to do is add a WebSocket Server similar to the compose Websocket Page. Then add a form (check this out: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/forms/form-control/)

and you can add the new movie details to the form and with a button click, you send everything to the server and create automatically the *.dat file according to the movie name.

take the compose page as a reference.

create the same folder under another name and try to send data from the page to the server.
you will see it is much simpler if you try it.

i had a look at the code and i can tell you that i would do several stuff different today. i wrote it a few months ago when i just started to make b4j webapps but still the app is working fine and the new feature you want to implement is not a big deal.

try it, if you get stuck ask and i will try to help. it is important to try it by yourself and get to the result.

Im looking at it now! thanks.

Intelemarketing

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you mentioned about something like Pharmacy/Market App I have created a guide for someone and migrated the database into MySQL.
Hi Aeric .. I enjoy your various contributions on the forums - Most enlightening ! And Thank You !
I am about to install the Pharmacy/Market App and would appreciate any pointers which it seems you have created.
It is a very large app with several layers from what I can see, and am excited to find out more about B4X through the project.
It is a pity I am not living in Malaysia any more - my Wife is also from Cheras - normally we would travel to Malaysia once every couple of years but Covid has put an end to that.
All the best
George

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just uploaded the guides in tutorial forum

Intelemarketing

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just uploaded the guides in tutorial forum
Thanks so much Aeric (enjoy your Coffee - Recommend "Mocha")

Last edited:

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am afraid that you need to give some more information.
What 'Source Codes' and from whom.
I have published quite some programs in this forum which work, and for free .
So, in my opinion, if any user in this forum publishes unusable programs without any support and for sale, he should be banned.
I know, it is rude, but this is my opinion.
I don't agree, b4x.com is not a marketplace. It's primary function is to host the b4x language and preach it's adoption.

It is indeed unfortunate that this stuff happens, but that's an issue between 2 third parties. I don't see the forum moderator/s checking if the requirements of what was sold were fulfilled

I do believe that this is place to do business, but not to ban people for that

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is indeed unfortunate that this stuff happens, but that's an issue between 2 third parties. I don't see the forum moderator/s checking if the requirements of what was sold were fulfilled
Agree.

We already have business sub-forum. Expecting Erel (or any moderator) for such thing is sure fire way to kill B4X.
There many free solutions uploaded by most members here. And bad things can happen to anyone. It is just bad luck.
At least it is expected a reply by the seller. If this also does not happen, then one should not put onus to moderator in any way.

cklester

Licensed User
I own B4XApps.com if anybody wants to create a marketplace there. I was going to do it, but it's a long-term plan...

I put together a little example here with bubble.io.

I do not recommend using bubble.io. 😁

I'm sure someone here could make something real nice for the B4X community!

I also own B4XDocs.com, if Erel or klaus feel like setting up a dedicated repository for docs! 😁 Otherwise, that's another long-term plan of mine... :oops:

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think someone can create a post as a Wish. This is a good idea to list all the sources for sales. The forum should have written with a disclaimer that this forum is not responsible for third party vendor/developers who sell the products. Currently we only have Share Your Creations section and we can add [Source] tag at the title.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't check the "Share your creations" that often but when I do I always have to search through all these for sale posts to find someone's new app.

In my opinion they don't belong there and other people's work is being pushed back when there is some activity inthere.

Maybe a sales sub forum under "The Business forum" is a better place for this.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't check the "Share your creations" that often but when I do I always have to search through all these for sale posts to find someone's new app.

In my opinion they don't belong there and other people's work is being pushed back when there is some activity inthere.

Maybe a sales sub forum under "The Business forum" is a better place for this.

Yeah its littered with Paid unfinished projects and even NEW ones have been added. I think an ACTUAL ban on source code sales should be put in place, and replaced with donation (After download)