Source Code Sales - New forum needed?

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
A while ago I asked if more people would sell source code for full projects. And im glad to say over the past year lots of "Projects" have become available. GREAT!

But to find them you have to look in (B4J & B4A (for me!)) Share Your Creations and then scan the titles (I buy anything! LOL) Surely we need a Source For Sale section?!?!

That way sale post items could have a star rating?

The reason being, Since joining the forum in 2014 and purchasing b4a, donating for libraries or code, every one has worked out of the box! Until this year! where I bought several new projects that have never worked from day 1!

Reviews, and a star rating may be useful?

Keep up the great work everyone.

Aidy

Intelemarketing

Licensed User
Longtime User
The idea of having a Source Code for Sale Forum has some merit, particularly when the experience of buying Source Code can range from Ho Hum to Absolutely Fantastic. I am pleased to say that my experience has been a great investment in my learning curve of B4X.
What the forum could offer buyers is, as suggested, a Star Rating, but more importantly a place where discussion can be had about setup, minor bugs, and so on. Sometimes a program may appear to be useless and inoperative, when all it may take is installing a revision of a Library, or in fact knowing that a paricular Library is essential.

FOR EXAMPLE
I am currently looking for the answer to a problem with a piece of source code that allows the system to run perfectly on a PC and an Android Phone. But will not run on an Apple Phone. I am talking about the use of the Google Chrome Internet Browser on each of the devices - NOT an app installed to run the program. The program is based on JRDC running on a B4J Server on a Windows 10 PC. I am using Google Chrome as the Browser in all cases.

Now if someone else had purchased the same Source Code/App then I would hopefully be able to know if they were having the same experience.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Until this year! where I bought several new projects that have never worked from day 1!

have you contacted the creator?
i have also purchased some full projects (only very few) where the description was very far away from reality. :(

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Some of the "Source Codes" on sale are just UI (Frontend) without any functionality (logic)
Most are such, with the claim that you get the codes so modify it.
Problem is most of us do not have expertise on it.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
have you contacted the creator?
i have also purchased some full projects (only very few) where the description was very far away from reality. :(

I have, lol hes vanished!

We purchased from the same seller!!

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Some of the "Source Codes" on sale are just UI (Frontend) without any functionality (logic)

Yes, i understand this, but some are advertised as near finished full apps. that actually just dont work...

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
The idea of having a Source Code for Sale Forum has some merit, particularly when the experience of buying Source Code can range from Ho Hum to Absolutely Fantastic. I am pleased to say that my experience has been a great investment in my learning curve of B4X.
What the forum could offer buyers is, as suggested, a Star Rating, but more importantly a place where discussion can be had about setup, minor bugs, and so on. Sometimes a program may appear to be useless and inoperative, when all it may take is installing a revision of a Library, or in fact knowing that a paricular Library is essential.

FOR EXAMPLE
I am currently looking for the answer to a problem with a piece of source code that allows the system to run perfectly on a PC and an Android Phone. But will not run on an Apple Phone. I am talking about the use of the Google Chrome Internet Browser on each of the devices - NOT an app installed to run the program. The program is based on JRDC running on a B4J Server on a Windows 10 PC. I am using Google Chrome as the Browser in all cases.

Now if someone else had purchased the same Source Code/App then I would hopefully be able to know if they were having the same experience.

The code(s) I purchased, It would be ideal if other buyers could share the progress, but it was forbidden, so most of us just have broken code lol not bad for $242!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The code(s) I purchased, It would be ideal if other buyers could share the progress, but it was forbidden, so most of us just have broken code lol not bad for $242!
sorry to hear that.
what i would recommend you is take 1 project and try to make it work so you have a product you can sell or use for your own needs.
any question you can ask here and we will help you to get it working maybe in the end you can share it so others that purchased that product will also benefit from it.

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am afraid that you need to give some more information.
What 'Source Codes' and from whom.
I have published quite some programs in this forum which work, and for free .
So, in my opinion, if any user in this forum publishes unusable programs without any support and for sale, he should be banned.
I know, it is rude, but this is my opinion.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am afraid that you need to give some more information.
What 'Source Codes' and from whom.
I have published quite some programs in this forum which work, and for free .
So, in my opinion, if any user in this forum publishes unusable programs without any support and for sale, he should be banned.
I know, it is rude, but this is my opinion.

The guy has already vanished, this post is not to name and shame, im just pointing out that maybe it would be a good idea to do have a section of for sale items where they can be reviewed ....

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry to hear that.
what i would recommend you is take 1 project and try to make it work so you have a product you can sell or use for your own needs.
any question you can ask here and we will help you to get it working maybe in the end you can share it so others that purchased that product will also benefit from it.

Im too busy playing with your excellent code i purchased last week!

If only someone could make a panel to add movies to it! ;-)

Thanks!

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
All of us know that quality and fully functional apps take time and efforts ! A full application cannot be written in one week !
i also think that there is no point to buy a project where you change the name and upload it to the store. the whole idea is to buy something learn from it improve it and become a better programmer. at the end we all are programmers and there is no better feeling than understanding the code, improving it, and making it suit your own needs. so there is no point in delivering a perfect source although the source should have basic functionalities and should be easy to understand.

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you mean add movies dynamically and not manually?

Yes, Put a movie in folder, then fill the details in on the admin page. So far, I have managed to get a movie, put it in the folder, use another app with purchased code!!!! lol to get imdb info so I enter "movie name" it gives a list and I have formatted the output so it matches yours, it's fine, as you only add a movie every now and again.... but I'm stuck how I could just add another page to the admin panel and have some sort of Crud actions on it, It's really not a problem I am super happy with my purchase, it's actually amazing as I have been searching for a way to do it for a few years on and off now! So I'm very happy!