Spinner with data item associated with the Item

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be great if the Spinner view had a data variable associated with the text. Would allow database entries to be put into the Spinner text and the ID of the Table placed into the Data var. making it easy to access the database from the selected Spinner Item.

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use the TAG, all views has them.

Each Text item in the Spinner has its own TAG ?

You can use a Map object to map between the text and any other values.

There could be duplicate text items. Such as more than one of "VR1" "NR2" and so on. I will look at the MAP topic.

Thanks.

Have set it up at moment with LIST and SelectedIndex which appears to work so far.

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that if there are two items with the same text then the user will not be able to differentiate between them.

I am just trying to cover a user who does not use different text. Help file will explain NOT to use same text but...

Text in the List is from a Database Table 'Race', which are inputs into the database made by the user.

"VR1" in brief means Victorian Racing - Race One. And could be used every day of the week. Position in the list would tell user which is todays VR1 as I will use ORDER BY ID DESC in the Query. Which shows most recent entries at top of list.

Thanks for help.