Split up "Share your Creations" forum

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the "Share your Creations" forum users share two types of things. First is apps which is the main content of this forum.

But you can find very good enhancements for B4A in this forum, too like code mudules for custom keyboards etc. etc.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to split the forum up in two categories? One category for apps and another category for code modules/B4A enhancements?

It is sometimes hard to find the really valuable B4A enhancements threads between all the apps in the current forum.

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With the new upcoming classes feature in B4A I think a new section for classes/code modules is a really good idea.

Additionally I would suggest to add a new wiki page for code modules/classes like the one for the libraries.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The question is whether to split classes / code modules from libraries or list them in the same place (using [Class] prefix or any other convention).

It seems to me better to have them placed together. If a user is looking for some feature, it doesn't really matter whether it is implemented as a class or a library.
I also plan to add support for classes compilation which will allow us to compile classes into a library.

netchicken

Licensed User
Longtime User
As Classes will be a big growth topic maybe a forum devoted to Classes and libraries for questions and resources?

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, then we should use the libraries subforum for code modules/classes, too and add the links to the threads to the libraries wiki page as well. Then the wiki page is the first place to get an overview of what additional stuff exist. I agree now that it is better to have all in one place.

Perhaps then we should have a look into the "share your creations" forum and move all the code modules that are in there into the libraries section.