B4J Question SQLite code issue (using DBUtils)

Steve Piehl

Licensed User
Longtime User
It has been a long time since I wrote SQL statements. I am trying to get a query to execute and return a list with 3 fields in the list. I have tried a lot of variations on the query and the list only returns 1 value. All of the field names are correct and each of them will return a query when I am requesting them individually...but I can't get the list to return more than one value for some reason.

Code that works:
B4X:
    Dim ResultList As List
    ResultList.Initialize
    DBUtils.ExecuteList(SQL1,"SELECT EventDescription FROM LookupCIDEvents WHERE CIDEventCode= ?", Array As String(EventCode),0,ResultList)
Log ("size= " & ResultList.Size)
Above returns a size of 1

Code that doesn't work:
B4X:
    Dim ResultList As List
    ResultList.Initialize
    DBUtils.ExecuteList(SQL1,"SELECT EventDescription || ' ' || OpenEventDesc || ' ' || RestoreEventDesc FROM LookupCIDEvents WHERE CIDEventCode= ?", Array As String(EventCode),0,ResultList)
Log ("size= " & ResultList.Size)
Above returns a size of 1 when I would expect it to return 3...because the data exists.

Any advice is appreciated.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Don't use ExecuteList if you want to return more than a single column. Use ExecuteMemoryTable.
2. A size of one means that a single record or row matched the query.

B4X:
Dim res As List = DBUtils.ExecuteMemoryTable(SQL1,"SELECT EventDescription, OpenEventDesc, RestoreEventDesc FROM LookupCIDEvents WHERE CIDEventCode= ?", Array As String(EventCode),0)
For Each Row() As String in Res
 Log("EventDescription = " & Row(0))
 Log("OpenEventDesc= " & Row(1))
Next

Upvote 0