Android Question SQLite syntax request error

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am successfully using SQLite in my application. Requests are processed and tables are updated. I wanted to make a "filter" that would save me from duplicating records.
1. I created a checksum field - CRC.
2. Made this field CRC as primary key.
I specified a condition in the request if we are trying to add a line with duplicate information, then the record will not be added, but it does not work for me, what is my mistake. I tried different spellings of the CPC field with and without quotes with the table name but it does not help.

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: near "ON": syntax error (code 1): , while compiling:
INSERT INTO `Target` (`DTime`, `STime`, `CRC`) VALUES (1681747764109, 1681747759803, 'F0F44') ON CONFLICT(`CRC`) IGNORE

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that you don't have to specify the field, CRC, just because it is the primary key of the table.

just:
ON CONFLICT IGNORE

Also, using SQL's ExecuteNonQuery2 you don't have to worry about quotes, double quotes, ...
There is no problem in quotes, I checked it in the absence of a primary key, but with a primary key, any combinations with ON CONFLICT IGNORE or ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING do not work

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After trying pretty hard I have to say that Perplexity is wrong :confused:
So I asket it: "Are you sure? In SQLite..."

and...

1681754227584.png

but I see no difference 😄

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So I asket it: "Are you sure? In SQLite..."

and...

View attachment 141285

but I see no difference 😄

B4X:
Query = $"INSERT INTO Category (Id, CategoryName, Description) VALUES (1, "NewCat", "John") ON CONFLICT (Id) DO UPDATE SET CategoryName = "Other";"$
(SQLException) java.sql.SQLException: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL error or missing database (near "ON": syntax error)

Nothing to do, it doesn't work. That's enough, because @Mahares fixed it the best way.

Upvote 0

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
If your table has CRC as PRIMARY KEY and you want to avoid duplicate records if CRC is duplicated, you can do:
INSERT OR IGNORE INTO Target.....
Good advice Mahares, you solved my problem, I did not find such a syntax option in the documentation. Where did you get your magical knowledge from? Thank you very much! INSERT OR IGNORE INTO Target.... only ;-)

Upvote 0