Android Question starting Taxi Driver and Taxi Passenger App

Sai Main Seng Kham

Licensed User
Hi
I want to make the app of Taxi for my town.

the taxi driver app will request driver location and
the passenger app will search for the nearest driver and
can call him with phone number and share location to driver to pickup him.

How can i make to get the driver realtime location and passenger location.
and also how can i navigation the driver location to passenger location with google map.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How can i make to get the driver realtime location and passenger location.
The Driver app should use GPS to get the Location. On Locationchange you upload the new Location to your server or store it in a Firebase Realtime Database or Firestore Database.
The Passenger app send his Location to your Server too.
You can use an Intent to Open GoogleMap app to Navigate to the given Location (the one from the Passenger) in your Driver App after the driver app requests the stored passender location from your server.

All in all this is a more complicated/complex Solution than you may think. And you wrote in another thread that you are not own any Server (this is probably a problem you need to take care of too).

My answer here is just a base plan (Ideas); It depends on a lot of things you need to Consider.

Note that there is no example code for this; at least i did not see any in the Forum.

You really should start with simpler Apps as i think this is over your knowledge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sai Main Seng Kham

Licensed User
The Driver app should use GPS to get the Location. On Locationchange you upload the new Location to your server or store it in a Firebase Realtime Database or Firestore Database.
The Passenger app send his Location to your Server too.
You can use an Intent to Open GoogleMap app to Navigate to the given Location (the one from the Passenger) in your Driver App after the driver app requests the stored passender location from your server.

All in all this is a more complicated/complex Solution than you may think. And you wrote in another thread that you are not own any Server (this is probably a problem you need to take care of too).

My answer here is just a base plan (Ideas); It depends on a lot of things you need to Consider.

Note that there is no example code for this; at least i did not see any in the Forum.

You really should start with simpler Apps as i think this is over your knowledge.

thanks u Sir @DonManfred
i just get this app idea now and posted in forum.
Just a thinking :)
Hope someday i can make it
thanks u

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that is was not my plan to demotivate you! I just offered some thoughts.
Start with getting familar with GPS; do a working project which gets the GPS-Location and send the location to your server.
Build a small server project which receives locations from Drivers and store the Location, which answeres requests from a Passenger app to send the nearest Drivers.

As these are basic requirements for this project you should be FAMILAR with GPS and REST-Calls to your Server and building a REST-Server which answeres the requests.

For all of this you find examples and Tutorials in the forum.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am also creating a similar app and testing with small project now. For now, my progress is in Driver app.

The things I have successfully implemented are:
Search address (Place API)
Show 2 pins on map (Map API)
Draw direction line on the map (Direction API) - also show distance in km and duration in minutes

Now I am experimenting with GPS to get my current location. Let say driver is now within a range of Latitude Longitude of the passenger location so he can press the button "I have arrived". I am testing up to 5 decimal place for those values and see how it goes.

Upvote 0