Licensed User
Longtime User
I am compiling with a store provisioning files but it is still giving me

'Application compiled with non-store provision profile.'

I have done all of the expected things to resolve the issue

Using local Mac builder
XCode 9.4.1
B4i 5.0.0

I have checked and created new store distribution provisioning profile files etc.
I get the same message when sending across a Build Server\Build Release App

I have tried changing the 'Keys' folder path in B4I to a copied folder. No change

When I remove all the certificate and provisioning profile files from the Keys folder, it still builds successfully and opens in the simulator.

The release currently in Apple's TestFlight was built using the same certificate files used when I first tried to compile this update release for testing.

When I was preparing the previous release I had the same problem at first then it just compiled ok for no apparent reason. I left everything as it was after that so I wouldn't have the problem again - oh well.

I switch between the provisioning profiles using #IF RELEASE #ELSE.
The RELEASE code is definitely active during the compile but I tried deleting the reference to the other profiles just to be sure.

The only thing I can think of is that the release certificate and provisioning profile files are not being copied across to the local Mac Builder and the development files are still there and being used in the build, but I can't find these files on the Mac.

Running out of ideas at this point. ??

mcvburen

Licensed User
I use Windows so not sure if related but is it possible you have (or need) two Build Configurations instead of one under the Projects menu? When using #IF RELEASE #ELSE, I found it easier to create two configurations, one for development and one for release. You just have to remember to change the configuration when compiling for either case.

Upvote 0

MarkNZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Next day -

As always software development is an art form, not a science.

I followed mcvburen's suggestion and added a second build configuration with RELEASE as its conditional symbol rather than editing the symbols list under the default build configuration. Things then started happening as planned. I have successfully compiled a store app using the original files. Yahoo!!

Unfortunately I didn't run a test compile this morning before making that change so can't be sure if that was a factor or just coincidental.

Still trying to figure out what was going on . . . . .
My first observation would be that the correct code in the #if #else block was highlighted when I simply edited the symbol list under default.
Second, when I completely removed any actual provision files and compiled it didn't complain that the files weren't there - it now does.
It is now complaining that the files are missing using the default setting as well, it didn't before, it simply compiled.

I reset both computers more than once yesterday when testing to no avail. It would seem they had to think on it overnight.

For what its worth Erel

The conclusion I have come to is that somehow, a set of provision files were sitting and being used and reused despite changes to the configuration - the fact that I could remove them entirely and still compile suggests this was the core of the problem for what's its worth. I can't tell if the problem was on the windows\B4I side or the Mac\MacServer\Xcode side.

The file not found error now occurs when sending the compile across

"B4i Version: 5.00
Parsing code. (0.05s)
Compiling code. (0.18s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.01s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (1.58s)
Building Xcode project (0.11s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
File not found: D:\Anywhere_Software\B4i\Keys\Firebase.mobileprovision"

I couldn't trigger such an error yesterday.

Which suggests to me that the error was probably in B4I somehow re-using a file it previously used instead of the ones currently actively set in the project, and not actually sourcing them from the \Keys folder each time. It kis now so go figure.

Thanks guys

Upvote 0

MarkNZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yep happening again.

Reboot of both systems.
I have completely removed the \Keys folder.
Build asked for is release build with store provisioning profile.
Compiled and started in the simulator. Actually I didn't have a simulator loaded, it triggered one.

"B4i Version: 5.00
Parsing code. (0.08s)
Compiling code. (0.11s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Building Xcode project (0.12s)
Sending data to remote compiler. (16.27s)
Application compiled with non-store provision profile.
Completed successfully.
App will run on the simulator.
This is a simulator build. Do not submit it to the App Store."

Upvote 0

MarkNZ

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to finish this off.

If the device setting is Simulator it is building and running a non store provisioning build even when the build settings are for store provisioning files.
If it is set to run the build on a device it comes up as a store provision build.

Not sure if this is intended/by design but I wasn't aware you can't build a store file without setting the destination device to an actual device rather than a simulator but there you go.

Of course if I had followed through on Erel's question at the start I might have put it together much sooner.

Upvote 0