Strange behaviour of Timer

tigrot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everybody,
I have written a simple app to send GPS data to our server. This is mainly for Alzhaimer people.
I have two timers the first activates after 8 minutes, then switch on GPS and a second timer with a period of 2 minutes which triggers a HTTP call to our site, to send data.
For testing purpouses I put the Android phone(Samsung Pocket, with android 2.3.6), under charge, with a good wi-fi lan cover. Every 10 minutes a GET was issued for the whole night. This morning :BangHead: I took off power and moved the phone to my office about at 8:50. The office is 500m away from my home, with no wi-fi cover in the middle. Now the phone is on wi-fi cover again. With no other intervention and comand in the middle, the period rised from 10 minutes to more than 35. I use extended location manager to read GPS. You can see from the attached LOG. I thing that some hidden process was activated in the meanwhile, but it's not a creation of mine!!!
The App was newer restarted since 7 pm yesterday
Ciao
Mauro

Attachments

• log.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

tigrot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Going back home, about at 12:40, the GPS started as soon the wi-fi network I use at home was in view again. The app sent one coordinate and another one after 3 hours. Now I'm back office again: connected the real time log of Basic4Android, had two or three 10 minutes timer_ticks (almost precise) and now timer seems to slow down again... Now I'm going to restart phone. Let's see what happens....

Mauro

Upvote 0