STRONG CHALLENGE

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was in Dubai last month, I assumed myself pro in android programming using B4A
I made a journey to some companies for employment "as Android developer", I found opportunities for this field, but I got strong challenge: Almost of these companies have development teams, They need me to joining them with their existing development IDE, Almost of them don't familiar with B4X, They told me your sample projects are excellent & in-depth programming skills used, BUT our team don't understand your used IDE!
Our challenge: What are the best ideas to fuse with different IDE in different business teams/farms.

Thanks

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
IDE? And what language? They are strongly related (in practice they are the same thing, unless we talk about Eclipse, for example).

I mean that the companies you contacted use not only a different IDE but also a different language (Java, probably).

Emme Developer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the most important thing is not the IDE or the language you use, but the knowledge about the platform you have.
In most cases, you cannot choose the language you want, because this depends on different things: develop with a team, which project you're working for, etc.
For example, I usually develop in b4a, because I really like this environment, but for my main job I need to develop with nativescript + angular, because it's easier to develop some features using specific object-oriented patterns (extends, hereditary..). Another project I'm working I'm developing in Android Studio and Java, because I'm not really expert in porting sdk and I need to use them