Wish "Sub" References

mfstuart

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am familiar with the B4X IDE options to simulate the following options, but would like direct actions.
And I'm familiar that the code IDE is a third party add-in to B4X's IDE.

1) As in Visual Studio, can we have the "x references" above the Sub name to show how many times the sub is called/referenced.

2) As in Visual Studio, can we have the "x references" hyperlinked when the mouse hovers over the link to allow the user to then click on the link to popup a dialog box and list the reference(s) of the subs that call the sub referenced.

3) As in Visual Studio, can we have in the popup dialog mentioned in item #2, to double-click on a reference and go to the sub and the line that calls the sub.

Thanx,
Mark Stuart

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
And I'm familiar that the code IDE is a third party add-in to B4X's IDE.
That's not really true. The IDE is based on a third party library mostly for the low level text handling. All the logic above it is implemented by us.
I guess that you know it but these features are available by clicking on F7 when the cursor is one the sub name.

A more direct approach might be added in the future. As a RAD tool it is important that the useful features will be easily accessible.