Suggestion, Rename Beginner's Guide! (Reasons)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This book is the greatest contribution to B4A, by Klaus.

Confessions:
1- I didn't read the beginner's guide (steadily) until recently.
2- The name blocked me! not because I am not a beginner, but because I had the impression that the
guide will only cover the basics and simplest parts of it. But now I found my assumption was far from the reality.
This guide is a must read for anyone who wants to use this great tool, but it is under-named.
3- Some people just don't want to remember that they are beginners anyway.
4- Some people have the prior assumption that a beginner's guide is by definition, a lengthy, unnecessarily stuffed with
basic and too simple concepts, and they need to be read as a boring task. The beginner's guide is not that book.

I start the suggested names similar to:
1- B4A Black Book
2- B4A Bible
3- B4A Complete With Examples

What do you think guys?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Premise:
I actually bought the Basic4Android book which was published by Penny Press some time ago. I did this because I wanted some written reference material handy to bring with me when I did not have access to the Internet. However, to be honest and in my opinion, many of the chapters published in that book were coming from Klaus' beginner and user guides (which the author does admit).

That said but most importantly to let us pay a tribute to Klaus for his outstanding work for first writing said guides in the first place and then secondly for maintaining them (which is a hell of a job considering the pace B4A improves from version to version), I suggest said guides should be renamed as follows:

(for the beginner's guide):
-Klaus Teach Yourself B4A in a Week (Complete Starter Kit) (24 hours seems a bit too quick :) )

(for the User's guide):
-Klaus Teach Yourself B4A in 21 days (Advanced and Reference Edition)

I am voting for these titles myself :)
+

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Readme before seeking responses on the site.
If people read prior discussions and posts on the same subject before posting their questions, they can also find answers.
I saved the forum bandwidth many questions this way :) guess who is paying for the bandwidth!!