Share My Creation Super Hangman

Thanks to all of you, who have contributed with examples and advices to this forum. A special thank to Erel for making B4A available, without this I had never started to develop applications for Android.

This is my first game for a mobile device, well actually the first game I made, besides some minor ones in the older ZX81-days.

The game was a driver for me to start learning about the many aspects a mobile application require. It was a fun journey.

Super Hangman is a classic word game, and I saw there were many versions on Google Play. However, not many provide real multi player feature, so I build this into the game. I also added chat, friend list, friend highscores and more features… one idea creates another.

But now I have published it to Google Play (find it here), and you are very welcome to try it out.

Maybe, if you discover an error, you would like to report it to me. If you do so, please go to settings and choose ‘Save Data’. This will dump the internal database to my server, and provide you with a reference number. With this number and your feedback, I can load the database into a test environment and debug.

The application currently supports English and Danish, but I like to add more languages. If you like to help me implement your native language, or know of someone who will, please let me know.

I discovered that the server part actually require quite some programming as well. Haven’t done much of this before, but the game took me through a steep learning curve :). Server service is programmed in PHP and MySQL.

The games code is not really especially cleaver, but if I can help someone by explaining how I have implemented a certain feature, I’ll be glad to.

Steen

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 6,442
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 416
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 358
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 359
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 338
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 329

kickaha

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks good. The second line of letters in the first screenshot made me smile. :signOops:

cutstone

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for all the nice feedback, and thanks to Penko for helping with the Bulgarian language.

Good point with the word on first picture, I didn't notice until now. I just read it as a Danish word, not thinking it would mean something totally different in English :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited: